cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email "incoming and Outgoing" settings on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

multiplexor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

i have set the email up for the phone above but find that i can only receive an email either on my phone or my PC, but not both at the same time. I have a gmail email account and am trying to set it up using the standard email app which comes with the phone. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

I've used the Xperia Z and managed to do that with my email account I use from Bt and made sure I set it up as an IMAP account.

I find most stock vanilla email apps a little limited and prefer ones that are available on app stores.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there

Are you using the standard email app or the integrated Gmail app. I'd recommend that you use the Gmail app as it does give a bit more functionality.  Plus you only have to sign in and not worry about the various settings.

PWIAC

Hi,

yes i am using the standard email app, but could give the gmail app a try. Do you have the settings for this app to allow me to receive emails from both my pc and phone?

Thanks

63johnw
I use the Gmail app and I get emails to all devices just using standard settings. Just set up with your email and password.

Thanks. Do you know what standard setting you use? Port numbers etc.

Thanks

63johnw
You don't need to worry about settings, open app, enter your email address, enter your password then its done, I didn't have to input any settings.

Thanks!

will try it out later 🙂

hrym

Just to add: if you've already signed into Google on the phone, you should find that you've signed in to all Google services, including Gmail.  IE, it should all be there when you open the app.

Thanks for the information. I have started using the gmail app and all seems to be working well! 🙂