Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hotmail email setup - URGENT

aqeeluk
4: Newbie

Hi all, I got a dilemma with Hotmail email. I want to set it up but i cant find the right way of doing it. I (unfortunately) have a Sony Experia E1. These are the steps i am trying to set up email - Email>Exchange Active or Other email account ? I chose Exchange option>my email ......@hotmail.co.uk, pass word.....> is it manuel setup or Next ? I chose next>then nothing happens ? Please help anyone :Sad_face: I also get an option to choose from IMAP,POP3 or Exchange ActivSync - dunno what to choose ? My emal ends with hotmail.co.uk Please help ! its urgent and i dont want to miss my emails on the go !

4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Exchange isn't right. Use either POP3 or IMAP and these settings

Full email address

POP - pop-mail.outlook.com

IMAP - imap-mail.outlook.com

POP - 995

IMAP - 993

SSL
POP3/IMAP

smtp-mail.outlook.com

TLS/SSL

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sorry,stil not got through. The options i have are whether using pop3 or imap are as follows: Security type SSL/TLS assigned with port 995 STARTTTLS assigned with 110 Still confused on what too choose over pop3 or imap with their correct server names

hrym

A lot of email services will set themselves up if you simply sign in - have you tried that?   If Hotmail suppports POP3 and IMAP, you can use whicvever you choose.   The alternative would be to use the service's dedicated app.  I'm pretty sure Hotmail has one, but it may have been renamed to Outlook.  Using this means no setting up and allows you to manage your emails easily.

Install the Outlook app from Play Store, it will set everything up for you.