cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to back up contacts from my Sony Xperia Miro when the phone doesn't work?

JackieN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone doesn't work and I am sending it in for repair but all the guidance I have found says I need to do the back up from the phone to save all my contact information...... but i can't because the phone doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

i can attach the phone to my computer and open the internal storage file but I can't see where the contact information is kept.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JackieN, 

Your contacts could have saved to the SIM card by default (they do in my handset) - you can pop your SIM into another handset to see if they're all still there :smileywink:

Your other option is to download the PC companion software and create a backup of your phone - this will copy all of your contacts, pictures, song and videos and save it on your PC so that when you get your phone back you can connect it back up and restore it from the backup you created.

You can download the PC companion software from here :smileyhappy:

Paul 

Thanks Paul (I've just been speaking to a Paul on Chat - was it you?).  I have PC companion but you still have to go into the phone to initiate the back up and I've no way of doing that.  I've been told I can go into a shop and can the contacts copied over to my interim handset (it's not a smart phone but should still work I hope) while my one is being repaired so will do that tomorrow.

Thanks for your help :Smiling:

Backup android data to the cloud.On your phone, go to Settings > Accounts & sync.Under account, and tick mark "Auto-sync data". Next, tap on Google. Sing into google account.You can get synced data to the cloud. This includes your contacts, photos (uploaded to Google+, privately if you want), app data, calendar events, Chrome tabs, your Google Fit data and more.Now go to Settings > Backup & Reset.Check Back up my data.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This is a very old thread but, for anyone wanting to back up contacts on an Android device:

1. They're probably sync'd with Google.

2. In the Contacts app menu, there should be an import/export option (possibly under Manage Contacts).   You can use this to export a vCard file that you can then transfer elsewhere.  For belt & braces, I use two cloud services, a PC and an external drive, plus an sd card in the device itself.

guoleo
4: Newbie

If you Sony Xperia Miro can be detected by computer via USB Cable, you can use Sony data manger tool to help you get access to all Sony contacts and export them to computer  for backup