Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IMEI number

helenheron49
3: Seeker
Hi

I have recently had my sony z3 replaced by Sony due to a fault with the phone. I have spoken to 3 different people who have all given me a different answer on how I need to update the IMEI.

Please can you provide me a simple solution. It would help if I could email a copy of the proof to get it updated.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not sure why you need to do this, or where you want to update it.  The phone should work as normal.  Unless you're referring to your insurance, in which case  there should be documentation from Sony relating to the replacement.

podycust
4: Newbie

Update it for what?

Happy to help!

helenheron49
I want to unblock the phone and without vodafone having a record of the new IMEI I can not do this.

podycust
4: Newbie
It should just work. But you can find the imei number by typing *#06# into the phone dialer.

Happy to help!

Does anyone working for Vodafone actually answer these?

I need someone who understands to answer.

I had a phone issued by Vodafone - this was unlocked so I could use a 3 sim card in it.

The phone was faulty. Sony replaced the phone.

I now need the phone unlocking again as the new phone sent by Sony is locked to Vodafone.

Vodafone say that I need to update them with the new IMEI number before they can provide me with a NUC.

I simply need to know how to update the IMEI and stated I have received 3 different answer from customer services.

hrym

Ah, right.  In this case, I think your best bet is to hang on here.  If the forum team think they can help you, they'll respond to your post and may be able to find the correct procedure.  In theory you just need to give them the IMEI when requesting the unlock, I'd have thought, as they'll be able to see the use, but you obviously want to avoid any possible charge.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @helenheron49

We can help with this. Reply to the private message and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Sukhi