Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lock Screen Notifications

wendi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I got a new Sony M4 Aqua at the weekend and it was showing me a preview of messages etc when the phone was sat idle. However after downloading an app for different coloured notification lights the previews no longer happen.  I have uninstalled the app and this has made no difference.  I have looked on numerous forums on how to set interruptions and priorities etc and all of the settings are set correctly to allow text message, email previews etc to pop up but they just wont pop up no matter what I try.  Please can someone help me with this issue? 

Thanks.

Wendi.

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

Try going into settings and looking for a setting for Notifications.  It may be under Sound, but may be under Security.   There should be options for show all, hide all and hide sensitive.

It sounds as though the 3rd party app turned the default to off so that it could take over handling notifications.

Thank you for your reply.  I have gone into both suggested settings and they are all set to receive notifications when the screen is locked.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Im having a look around for you. 

In the interim does this help at all ?

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiam4aqua/userguide/Managing-notifications/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the link with the user guide.  However all the settings are set to what they should be but it makes no difference.  I think it may be a trip to the shop.:smileyfrustrated:

@wendi

Please check the following setting on your phone;

Settings > Sound & Notification > Notifications > Keep Notifications on lock screen (turned on)