Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile internet not connecting after lollipop 5.1.1 update

Donkitten
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since the update last week on my Sony Xperia z2 my mobile internet isn't connecting. I was sent the usual settings through text and I've checked the network and retried downloading the internet settings but it doesn't really resolve the problem, after having a mess with these settings the mobile internet connects but when I switch it back off then on at a later time I me faced with the same issue. 

Anyone able to shed some light here please? :Smiling: getting a little frustrating now as I obviously can not use other online features when out and about. Many thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Have you been through a factory reset since you upgraded Android?

If not you should do so as that will most likely cure the problem.

Make sure you've backed up all of your data before you do it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

As a process of elimination could you try your SIM card in another phone to rule out the SIM card or phone that maybe at fault. 

If the SIM card works in another phone then you may need to liaise with Sonys UK Online Support. 

If the sim does not work in another phone then please speak to Vodafone on 191 or Live Chat and ask them to check your account and perhaps reset it and or visit your most local Vodafone store and ask them to perform a sim swap which moves your tariff and number to a new SIM card incase yours is going faulty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Currently I do not have another phone to test my sim in. I should mention I have no issues with sending texts or making and receiving calls. :Smiling: I might go down the 191 route to get them to try the reset. :Smiling: 

BandOfBrothers

If you don't have family or friends with a Vodafone locked phone or an unlocked one that takes your size of SIM card you could pop into the Vodafone store and see if they'll let you try your sim in an available phone in store. 

Im sure Customer services on 191 will be able to check your account. 

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Have you been through a factory reset since you upgraded Android?

If not you should do so as that will most likely cure the problem.

Make sure you've backed up all of your data before you do it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png