cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone but how do I connect to the network??

73mand
4: Newbie
I have my new z3 compact charged up but I have tried connecting to Vodafone but it won't let me. I have tried a different network and then picking vodafone but nothing is working? Any ideas please??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Are you using a new SIM and have you activated it?  You can do this online via My Vodafone in the red banner above or by talking to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page).   I always use the latter route as it's usually quicker.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

redpages

What message do you get on your screen (e.g. is it showing 'no service', 3G). Likewise, when you try and call do you get any error or just a dead tone?

If a manual roam (which you say you've tried) and turning the phone off / on again doesn't refresh it on the network then I'd get in touch with customer services to check that the activation has gone through correctly. Your best option is to speak to an advisor on web chat via the contact form, here. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

73mand
4: Newbie
Thanks Redpages. There is no signal or mobile data, just the signal bars with a red cross. My old phone is still connected to the network so I will leave it a couple more hours and then contact vodafone if it still doesn't work. I have tried to make a call but it doesn't connect at all.

hrym

Are you using a new SIM and have you activated it?  You can do this online via My Vodafone in the red banner above or by talking to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page).   I always use the latter route as it's usually quicker.