Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New system update 29/10/2015

darkalien
2: Seeker
##~## I have just done the latest system update and it's removed all my app icons that where installed and transferred to memory card this update has totally messed up my fone just spent 30mins re sorting and re organising app lay out after having to search to find them NOT HAPPY ONE BIT they where removed from my home screens and main menu screens only by going through the list of installed apps did I manage to recover them what a joke when it states "this update will not affect you data in anyway"
8 REPLIES 8

darkalien
I'm using a Sony xperia z2

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, had an update on my Z3 too, a couple of my apps disappeared from my main screens, as you say they were ones on my memory card but after the phone was restarted, within a few minutes all apps were on the main menu screens and it just took a long press to get them back where I had them.

A slight inconvenience but not a major issue for me.

63johnw:

I'm using a Z5 and I had to reinstall some apps despite the fact that Sony stated that the upgrade will not affect user's personalisation. I think I was lucky by doing a back up before performing the most recent update to patch the remaining StageFright exploit. 

darkalien
I lost all my apps that where on memory card and I restarted the phone 2 twice and remounted the memory card and left the phone alone for a good 10 mins then took me a further 20-30mins to replace all the icons after finding them back to an order where I had them befor so to me a major inconvenience lol

darkalien:

I'm not sure whether it will work for you but I've used a software to restore all my files which I have stored in a memory card before and it works. Don't try the free softwares because there are many restrictions in them. Buy a software which will allow you to restore all your files in a microSD card. 

Good luck.

63johnw
Good idea to do regular backups, have to admit I don't do them that often for system restore, usually for photos etc.

63johnw:

Many thanks for the comment. I had a fright a few years ago when I thought that I've almost lost all my text messages when the computer crashed. Luckily I've only lost a few day's worth due to the fact that I've done a back up a few days before. Lucky.

63johnw
Have just checked and I have auto back up and restore set up already ! That may be why my stuff came back without too many problems.