Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old sim card

thatoneguy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I found an old sim card that was given to me ages ago, but I can't remember the sim or even the phone number. Is there any way of finding these out so I can use my sim?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you put the SIM into a phone and dial *#100#, the phone number will be displayed.   I'm not sure how you can get the SIM serial number.  However, if it's a PAYG SIM and it's been inactive for a long time, the chances are it's been deactivated and the number recycled.   If it's a contract SIM, it'll be registered to the person who first had it but, again, may have been deactivated, especially if they'e registered a different one.

You're probably best off starting again with a new one.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

If you put the SIM into a phone and dial *#100#, the phone number will be displayed.   I'm not sure how you can get the SIM serial number.  However, if it's a PAYG SIM and it's been inactive for a long time, the chances are it's been deactivated and the number recycled.   If it's a contract SIM, it'll be registered to the person who first had it but, again, may have been deactivated, especially if they'e registered a different one.

You're probably best off starting again with a new one.

Thanks for your reply.

I can't dial *#100# because I don't remember the pin code, and don't remember the mobile number so I can't even get the PUK.
All I really have to go on is the Sim identification number on the back 😕
Is it just worth throwing out then?

hrym

Yes, frankly, unless it's a PAYG and you suspect there was a vast fortune on it!