Support:

Sony

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sueandgareth

Pay As You Go Sims Card

Hi I wonder if you can advise me - this may sound really stupid but can I take my pay as you go sims card out of my old phone and put it in another phone.

I have a very old pay as you go phone. My wife has just upgraded her contract vodafone phone to a blackberry and now no longer needs her sony erricson phone. Can I put th esims card from my old pay as you go phone into the spare sony erricson one? I only keep a phone for emergencies so do not use it much . My old phone is difficult to see now whereas th espare one has a nice big screen which would help me a lot!

Any help appreciated. Sorry to sound like an idiot but I am very new to mobile phones!
Message 1 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Syruss

Pay As You Go Sims Card

usually you can put a Vodafone PaYT sim card into another vodafone (or unlocked) phone without any problem.. I believe blackberries are an exception (due to the BB services).. but with a Sony Ericsson there shouldn't be a problem.
Message 2 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Pay As You Go Sims Card

You will have absolutely no problem using your PAYT SIM card in your Wife's old phone. The only thing you will have to do is alter the Web settings from contract to PAYG.
Ann
Message 3 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Lady_Illusia

Pay As You Go Sims Card

You might also consider getting a new PAYG sim if yopu haven't already. The people at 191 can transfer all your details onto your new sim. If the current one is elderly it may not be best for a newer phone.
Message 4 of 7 (2,737 Views)
sueandgareth

Pay As You Go Sims Card

Thanks everyone for all your help. It worked!
Message 5 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Nicola_V

Pay As You Go Sims Card

Good Morning sueandgareth

Glad to hear you managed to the get this sorted :D

Never worry about asking questions on this Forum as you can see we are a really friendly bunch on here and we are always willing to help.

And
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 6 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Nicola_V

Pay As You Go Sims Card

Good Morning sueandgareth

Glad to hear you managed to the get this sorted :D

Never worry about asking questions on this Forum as you can see we are a really friendly bunch on here and we are always willing to help.

And the information which you have been given is spot on.
Changing sims between phones wont be a problems, as long as the phone is unlocked.
Though with that said a PAYT sim wont work properly in a Blackberry as you wont be able to use the data services on the phone.

Anything else please let me know

Nicola
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 7 of 7 (2,737 Views)