Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone Repairs! and Customer Service

JCO1103
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm really really not happy about the situation I've found myself in!

I have a Sony Xperia Z and it is on contract (I'm due to upgrade Feb 2016).

Over the past two months, the battery life has been getting worse and worse, and the phone has been getting exteremely hot! Two weeks ago the phone completely died and would not turn back on. As a student, I'm in the height of exam season so to be able to get into the store to explain the problem face to face has been difficult.

It got to the point last week where I sent the phone off for repair, with a full breakdown of all the issues (which I'll explain below) and it was returned today. WITH ALL THE SAME ISSUES! The note attached said the phone had been repaired with a full service ugrade as well, and should be working 'perfectly'. As a result, I now need to get to town to resend to the repair centre, and that will take another week. That's a month gone where I'm expected to pay my contract for a sub-par service and no phone?!

This is the issue:

Phone (when charged) was loosing battery life very rapidly (lasted about 4-5hrs max). Then, it got to the point about three weeks ago where it died completely. When trying to charge it, the phone would take no power when turned on, and the light would show when turned off, but it would just flash between the off screen and sony screen, and loop consistently so long as plugged in. As soon as it is unplugged, there is no power at all. Prior to dying, it was getting very hot to the point I couldn't hold the back of it. I got it back today, and within 30mins the 27% battery life was getting very hot, and the phone ultimately died. It is now doing the exact same issue as before.

Please can Vodafone offer some resolve. I would like this to be taken further as I am not happy paying for such as below standard service, considering I have been with Vodafone for nearly 6 years?!

When trying to get advice, I get told to go into store (I do) but they say they can't do anything but pass to repair. I speak to livechat and they say they can't do anything, but speak to the store. No-one seems to know anything! This is ridiculous!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

It does sound like you've not had a good experience recently with your phone.

This forum is a Customer to Customer support forum.

Have you considered contacting Sony UK Support under its warranty.

They may be able to help as the manufacturer knows their hardware and software better than 3rd party repair centres. (In my opinion)

Repair Centres tend to update/flash the firmware and look at any obvious issues internally.

Have you considered creating a back up to protect your saved data and performing a Hard Reset which has been known to help.

Link to perform a Hard Reset is http://www.hard-reset.com/sony-xperia-z-hard-reset.html

Link to Sony Xperia UK help support is ->

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.