Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone issues

david1984
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have a sony z5 compact which I received as an upgrade this week.

I upgraded to this because my previous z3 compact had slowed down consderably, battery poor and unable to answer calls! Just didn't slide/press. Also couldn't disconnect from calls when I called people back.

Thought this was a handset issue so upgraded. Same problem...

What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Whilst it isn't the top of the range handset, you certainly shouldn't be experiencing the issues that you describe.

Does this happen straight out of the box or only after you install apps and copy across your data?

PWIAC

I'd say that the Z5 Compact is within the "smaller handsets" almost by definition the top spec handset in its class, as apart from not having "only a 720p screen"  :smileywink:

In addition to suggestion to above suggestion; perhaps you need to back up the phone, format it and/or replace the simcard then try running the phone with just the preinstalled apps, you may have a corrupted file 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The first Sony compact version was the Z1 and they made the point that it was exactly the same spec (RAM, storage, processor especially) as the full-size one except for the form factor.   I assume it's the same with the Z5.

aidey68
9: Established

Bar the screen resolution and having 2Gb Ram, as opposed to 3Gb in the Z5 and Z5P they're pretty much the same

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/press_release/sony-unveils-xperia-z5-series/