Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone not working

RustyAnchor40
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone is not working. A Sony Experia Z3 Compact went blank during the night, attempted to charge, briefly showed 57% full, then went blank and unable to restart by any means. I would like to email Vodafone but the contact-us doesnt seem to include modern electronic means of contact. I am abroad so cannot visit a shop. Can anyone advise please.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@RustyAnchor40

Try holding the volume up, power on button at the same time for around 2 minutes, the phone may restart.

If the phone is going to need to be repaired, it would need to wait until you are back in the UK where you would be able to arrange a repair through Sony or via a Vodafone Store.

Hiya and thank you, the vol & power button trick does not seem to work although I will try it again with the charger plugged in or maybe via my laptop. Work will keep me away from the UK until February so I might simply have to go for a different phone.

RustyAnchor40:

Maybe this will help:

Remove the flap where you insert and remove the SIM card and microSD card. You will see a small yellow button. Use a small pencil to push the small yellow button and hold it for around 20 seconds. Let go of the pencil after the phone vibrates for a few times. Don't push the yellow button too hard...

Enjoy.

hrym

Did you get anywhere with this?  The advice about the reset button is good and, if that doesn't work and the phone won't start while charging, it sounds like there's a serious problem.

You can contact Vodafone either by phone or via Live Chat, though I believe the latter doesn't work from outside the UK.   The alternative would be to contact Sony support.  When you're back in the UK, it might be worth going straight to them rather than via Vodafone in any case.   It's just possible this is a battery issue, in which case they may well be more likely to help.   I think Sony still have a 2 year warranty on their batteries.

Hi guys, thanks for the tries but no go. The yellow spring loaded button was a good top tip but the phone remained dead as a dodo, however when I tried the power button again there were signs of life for a few seconds. Speaking to Vodafone UK customer services on another telephone did not go well. A lady with a NAmerican accent was keen that I badger the Sony factory rather than providing a Vodaphone solution despite me having Vodaphone insurance as well. Poor show. Voda are now sending me a return telephone pack although this is likely to mean I am without a working phone on my monthly contract for at least two months. Disappointed at the enthusiasm to shift blame and responsibility to Sony. Thanks again though.

hrym

If you have Vodafone insurance, does that not include a replacement phone while yours is away?   You may need to get that from a Vodafone shop, so can you drop into one before you go down the postal route?

In this case, going to Vodafone rather than Sony would be better.