You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
stribama

Photos and video widget bug

Anyone else noticed a bug with regards to the photo and video widget. If you remove it from the home screen it tends to come back but invisibly. If you try to add a widget to the screen it's "on" then an error comes up saying no more space on screen. If you try to put the photos and video widget on a screen it says it is already installed. Rather odd. :smileymad:

Message 1 of 7 (2,430 Views)
MTL
Rank 8: Helper II
MTL

Re: Photos and video widget bug

.....thats weird.

Luckily i don't use that widget, but it IS a rather strange bug. I might drop SE a wee note about it, see what they have to say 

about it

Message 2 of 7 (2,426 Views)
stribama

Weird indeed. I don't use it either which makes it more frustrating! Getting rid of it involves a bit of faffing about and restoring the Home screen to default by deleting the SE Home data, grrrr... Apart from that I'm enjoying the Arc, just don't mention the 360 software, d'oh - I just did :smileysad:

Message 3 of 7 (2,411 Views)
MTL
Rank 8: Helper II
MTL

Well, I've given SE a heads up, who say they've never come across the issue, but will pass it on to the appriopiate team

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/75954#75954

Message 4 of 7 (2,406 Views)
stribama

Thanks MTL!

As I don't use it I could live with it being buggy, it's just the bug means it reappears if there space left on a home screen to accommodate it (I now have no space left so it, hopefully, won't be making an appearance anytime soon!). This is where I found a work around: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1032757

Maybe the 2.3.4 update will resolve it.

Message 5 of 7 (2,403 Views)
billd

Just go into the applications menu in the settings menu click on all find the photo and video widget click on it then clear cache .now it should work again;-)
Message 6 of 7 (2,399 Views)
stribama

Thanks for the tip Bild, if it happens again (hopefully not) I'll give your suggestion a go first before restoring the Home screen to its default (as that means putting all the widgets back how I want them).

Message 7 of 7 (2,389 Views)