Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Queued for sending?

steveq
4: Newbie

Why am I getting this when I try to send MMS?

My account is set to send pictures, it sometimes just sends then at other times I get a Queued for sending message, it then either sends or I get a "cannot send message"

anyone else have this problem,

or can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Sony xperia Z3

From the Vodafone Samsung H1 onto the Galaxy S now onto the stunning Galaxy S3
Next step will be a 4G Phone and its a Sony Xperia Z3
Back to Samsung with an S7 Edge

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, do you have a data signal when trying to send? I believe you need a data not WiFi connection to send MMS.

Yes even in a 4G area it does this, I think it is to do with WIFI because if I turn off wifi sometimes that fixes it

I have loads of mobile data l

63johnw
I agree its probably the WiFi, try only sending with WiFi off and see how it goes.

AnnS

@steveq

Unless it has changed, the maxiumum size for an MMS is 300Kb.  If you are sending anything larger, it will fail and you will get the message 'queued for sending' or 'cannot send message'.

Try adjusting your camera setting to a smaller image and see it it makes a difference.

BandOfBrothers

Due to the file restrictions limitations of mms I personally choose to use email. No cost to use and no limitations. 

Just an idea. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

just wondering why WIFI would prevent me sending photos via text message?

I have tried resizing and that fails too

sometimes my photos go no problem without resizing, sometimes not

oh and does anyone know if the vodafone messaging APP is any better than standard text messages

63johnw
Quote from Wikipedia.

MMS messages are delivered in a completely different way from SMS. The first step is for the sending device to encode the multimedia content in a fashion similar to sending a MIME e-mail (MIME content formats are defined in the MMS Message Encapsulation specification). The message is then forwarded to the carrier's MMS store and forward server, known as the MMSC (Multimedia Messaging Service Centre). If the receiver is on another carrier, the relay forwards the message to the recipient's carrier using the Internet.[5]

Once the MMSC has received a message, it first determines whether the receiver's handset is "MMS capable", that it supports the standards for receiving MMS. If so, the content is extracted and sent to a temporary storage server with an HTTP front-end. An SMS "control message" containing the URL of the content is then sent to the recipient's handset to trigger the receiver's WAP browser to open and receive the content from the embedded URL.

Using something like WhatsApp or similar allows sending pictures over wifi, there are other apps that allow this but some rely on the recipient having the same app.