Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repair returned not repaired properly. Obviously no proper testing done

xplosivrob88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi can any moderators help?

I have had my sony xperia z2 for a little under 3 months now and have noticed the battery take longer and longer to charge. One day I have a new issue where when i put it onto charge then press the button on the side it wakes up straight away.. overheating the battery AND taking even longer to charge up.

I take it in for repair on the 19th Jan and it gets sent off explaining the issues i have had with it. On the repair tracker im notified that the battery has been replaced and software has been updated so im happy and it gets returned to the store today 21/1/15.

I get home and plug it in to charge and the coming out of sleep mode when on charge is STILL present????

I have to turn off the phone to get it to charge.

My issue is that this has a test certificate but obviously was not tested properly! I use my phone a lot and REALLY REALLY dont want to go without a phone for another week!

What can i do about this? I would be happy with it being replaced and am happy to take it into the store and show them the issue but like i say REALLY dont want to sent it off for repair AGAIN.

Any help with getting this sorted?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You are going to have to send it off for repair again.  If you choose to use Vodafone, you will find details about the repair service here.  Alternatively, you can also send the handset off to Sony for repair. 

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

As I recall, Sony devices wake when the charger is connected, but should sleep again within the parameters you've set.  It's also possible that there's an option in the power settings to be awake when plugged in - I'm not sure, but have a look.

cheers guys. As to the last above post. They did check this but it was not the issue. once on charge EVERY time i pressed sleep it woke back up.

On the other hand I did talk to vodafone today- multiple times. They advised the following:-

Take it into a vodafone store for like for like exchange on the following grounds. 

The original fault was due to be fixed on the 23rd Jan and was not originally fixed in the first repair to this repair is ongoing and not closed.

In the fonecare Ts and Cs it states that if the phone cant be fixed within the expected time a like for like replacement will be offered.

Saying this i did go to the store but they said that they could not do this and needed to be sent away for a senior engineer to look at and then exchange. I quote the customer service agent NOT the store. Its not our problem now you deal with it.

I could not believe this when i heard it. I have rushed around to get this sorted both using about 3/4 hours of my day (travelling and calls and waiting in hereford store AND telford store (working in hereford and live in telford).

Vodafone REALLY?????

Personally i find this shocking and you customer service agents should 1) give out CORRECT information and 2) Treat your front line colleagues with respect! If I was not greatful to the store personel (even though i had every right to be very very annoyed) then i could have demanded the replacement there and then under your own Ts and Cs

BUT REALLY " NOT OUR PROBLEM NOW YOU DEAL WITH IT" OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES OR WHATEVER IT IS!!!

Sorry for the shouty but it does warrant it to be fair 

hrym

I'm afraid your were misinformed if you were told that a shop would give you a replacement.   This would only be done by the repair centre if they can't fix the phone.   There isn't, as far as I know, a time-frame on this and there's no "3 attempts and you get a new one" either - it's done on a case-by-case basis.  I'll admit I don't know what fonecare is and where their t's & c's come into it.

I also can't find this aspect in your original post - you only refer to the slow charging problem.  I assume you did mention it when the phone was sent off?

You could also try a factory reset (don't forget to back up your content first) and see if that resolves the issue.   It's normally part of the repair prodcedure, though.