Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement screen protexctrors for Z3 Compact

gazmix
4: Newbie

Hi

Can i get these from my vocal Vodafone store or do i have to buy them from mobilemadhouse etc. Is there a fault free way of applying thEm as a mini hair will cause a bubble & the spare one i got with the phone was wrong shape. 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I normally use well known buying sites such as eBay or Amazon too.

I'm currently using a tempered glass screen protector.

I use the hinge method which means I put a small piece of cello tape on one edge and align it up that way.

Google "hinge method" and use YouTube to see how it's done.

Here's my review on the tempered glass screen protector

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-My-Review/td-p/2406094

Best advice is to take your time and try to be in a dust free environment as possible.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, along with tempered glass protector, what other kinds are there, just so i can compare. 

Does this look ok to you? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Tempered-Protectors-Polishing-Application/dp/B00QIB34M6/ref=sr_1_10?...

It seems a lot thicker than the floppy ones that came with my phone, is this floppy or sturdy. Many Thanks

BandOfBrothers

Hi

their are many different grades of plastic screen protectors ranging from a few pounds to £20+. zagg for example are a good brand and so are Phone Devil but the prices reflect that. 

Some don't like the feel of the plastic options and some give like an orange peel effect.

The tempered glass ones are rigid and apply via silicone that's on the protecor. One must be careful on applying them.

They give the feel that they are like the original screen and some have the same coating a normal screen has to combat finger prints. Anti-fingerprint oleophobic coating

Which one has caught your eye ?

Current Phone  >

yeh many thanks, the amazon link in my last post is the one i'm looking at although i will be in town tomoz so i'll have a look in a few shops & compare prices but will prob end up buying off amazon because pof the price.. 

Found this explanation link that i'll have a read of as i have done yours :-http://www.phonearena.com/news/PET-TPU-or-Tempered-Glass--all-you-need-to-know-to-choose-a-screen-pr...

The case i have on my phone forms a tiny lip around the edge so i think the tempered glass would be the best.. I'm guessing the only downside to glass is that it cracks.. 

cheers

BandOfBrothers
The tempered protector is designed to splinter if damaged via a drop ,but remain in one piece.

Ie when you pull it from the phone screen it remains in one piece.

Yes look in HighStreet shops and possibly at flea market stalls etc.

The one in your link looks ok but do read the buyers reviews. I paid around £1.70 for mine and it's still going strong after a number of months.

Current Phone  >

this one as well, i think the other comesd with line up tape & dust mop. http://www.amazon.co.uk/TECHGEAR®-Compact-Genuine-Tempered-Protector/dp/B00QX1XL2E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF...

they both bot above 4 stars in overall. Weird how someone can give something 1 sar & another can give 5. 

BandOfBrothers
Take into account what one person sees as a good product another could see as poor.

Opinions differ.

What one person finds easy to apply another may have difficulties and as such feedback will be different.

Read them reviews to create a balanced overview.

Perhaps let us know which one you opt for and how you faired on fitting the product to your phone and what you think of it.

Current Phone  >

Thanks, i'll have a wonder round town tomoz & take it from there. I guess my gel back case is adequate for there.. 

ended up getting one for £8 from  a shop in town & he fitted it for me too. However, it seems hard to clean & around the front camera & light sensor, the cutout is rather large exposing lots of screen glass. 

Cheers