Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reset phone now texts and emails not receiving or sending

DLF65
4: Newbie

Following the recent Android update my battery was running out quickly so i was told to do a reset, which i've done today.

I have then restored the backup - which didn't include all my apps, which i've now downloaded.

My problem now is that my texts and emails are not being received any suggestions please?

I assume it's something simple........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now resolved - I went onto The O2 site to see if there was anything on there and they said - Forcing your mobile to logon to a different network, then back to O2 refreshes your mobile's connection to the O2 network and helps push through undelivered messages. To perform a manual network selection, in the 'Network Selection' settings of your mobile select 'manual'. Your mobile will search for available networks. Select Vodafone and you will receive an error message similar to 'Connection Failed'. Repeat this again, but select O2 and you will receive a 'Success' message or something similar.

Provided there are no network faults in your area and your mobile/SIM are not faulty, any undelivered SMS will come to your mobile within a few minutes (for information on how to do this, check your user guide). - Obviosuly I switched the references to O2 and Vodafone and it worked. Not sure what the issue was but O2 fixed it for me, ironically....

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Try a Soft Reset by turning the phone Off and On. 

Perhaps try deleting your email account off the phone and re enter them. 

Regarding texts it maybe worth checking that you have not added any contacts to a text blocking feature of the phone and that the person(s) your texting have not done the same by adding your contact to their text blocking facilities (if their phone has this feature)

Is it possible some texts are being affected as they maybe being converted to MMS by sending long texts / adding emotions etc. 

Plz try your Sim in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried those steps and no change although i have noticed that the numbers when I choose a contact for a text have now changed to xxx-xxx-xxxxx

rather than as they appear in the contacts as xxxxx-xxxxxx

Not sure if something has changed there to cause these problems?

BandOfBrothers

Are you able to test by sending a text to a number not currently in your contact list.

Or make a note of a number ,clear your call / text history in your phone for that contact ,and send a text to it to see if the recipient gets it. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks again for your suggestion - Yes the texts are received by who i'm sending to but any reply or new text isn't being received by me.

BandOfBrothers

Check that any of these Contacts have not been saved more than once in the Contacts app as this can cause issues. 

Hsve you bern able to try your sim in smother phone ?

Current Phone  >

Thanks again - deleted duplicate contacts. I've not been able to try in a different phone as don't have one available. However, before i did the reset earlier today and restored from backup it worked fine.

Now resolved - I went onto The O2 site to see if there was anything on there and they said - Forcing your mobile to logon to a different network, then back to O2 refreshes your mobile's connection to the O2 network and helps push through undelivered messages. To perform a manual network selection, in the 'Network Selection' settings of your mobile select 'manual'. Your mobile will search for available networks. Select Vodafone and you will receive an error message similar to 'Connection Failed'. Repeat this again, but select O2 and you will receive a 'Success' message or something similar.

Provided there are no network faults in your area and your mobile/SIM are not faulty, any undelivered SMS will come to your mobile within a few minutes (for information on how to do this, check your user guide). - Obviosuly I switched the references to O2 and Vodafone and it worked. Not sure what the issue was but O2 fixed it for me, ironically....

BandOfBrothers

Glad you managed to resolve the issues. 

Thank you for updating your thread. 

Current Phone  >