Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communication

bluerst
4: Newbie

I've just upgraded to a "new" (do new sony xperia z3 compact phones really come in a plain vodafone box in a tray that's too big for them?), and I notice that every time I switch it on it comes up with "Rich Communications" box that I can't get rid of.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 before this that was good till vodafone killed the battery life with a Rich Communications Suite that I didn't ask for, didn't want or need. There are so many messaging apps it's a bit beyond me why vodafone would launch their own half baked one!

Any way, can somebody confirm how to switch off the Rich Communication, becasue the vodafone instructions don't work.

And, how do I confirm if this is a new phone?

14 days of cooling off to go, so far so unimpressed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

This has been raised before and the answer then was that these are new devices.   However, if you're not happy, you can cancel during the cooling off period and start again.   As for RCS, some people get on with it and some don't.   The good news is that you can set the standard messaging app as the default and then disable RCS in Settings|Apps.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

hrym

This has been raised before and the answer then was that these are new devices.   However, if you're not happy, you can cancel during the cooling off period and start again.   As for RCS, some people get on with it and some don't.   The good news is that you can set the standard messaging app as the default and then disable RCS in Settings|Apps.

I take your point that some like and some don't, my objection is being forced to take it, and then not being able to disable it.

I use hangouts normally and can't see any way of disabling rich communication.

I've just tried setting the inbuilt app, then restarting, but still no option to disable rcs. I accept I may be being dense, but I can't see it in "more" or anywhwere else.