Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY AQUA M4 cracked

glew01
1: Seeker

HI, I took my two month old phone out of my coat pocket yesterday to use it and discovered a crack right across the white band at the top - where the Sony logo is. I have not dropped it or abused it in any way. I wondered whether anyone else has experienced this problem with this model? I know from a Google search that Sony 'Z' phones were investigated by Watchdog for cracking.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I've only performed a quick google search and have not been able to find anything relevant yet to your situation. 

You could speak to Sony Uk Support via their online site.

Sadly it's difficult to prove that such damage was not caused by an end user so typically the Manufacturer Warranty won't cover the repair. Household Insurance or some Bank Accounts over cover as a perk of the account. T&C and fees would normally apply. 

@63johnw I know you use the Sony Z3 but have you heard of this occurs occurrence happening with that model ? 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, there were reports of some Sony models some time ago getting very hot and causing problems but I haven't seen anything in particular for that model.

I would try Sony, as suggested, and see what they say, but proving that you haven't caused the crack could be your problem, but no harm asking, Vodafone won't be able to help though.

hrym

To clarify, because this could be damage, Vodafone are precluded from a warranty repair by all the manufacturers.  Sony will allow themselves discretion, though.  If this is a known issue, I'd say they're likely to do the work - or they may simply give you the benefit of the doubt.