cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY XPERIA Z2 FREE TV OFFER, 1080p or 720p?

alanrichie
4: Newbie

I have received my Z2 finally and im over the moon with it.

I have a question regarding the TV, im 100% eligible received text etc.

But the model number is very much in question in the sony t&c's the model number given is 1080p

However in the topic from vodafone the model number given is only 720p.

Does anyone know if its 1080p or what? Or should I ring Sony direct, any ideas on how I can get a concrete answer?

Thanks in advance.

192 REPLIES 192

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alanrichie,

I’m sorry about the confusion but the TV is full HD 1080P.

James

Great stuff thanks James

I'll hold you to it mind :Winking_smiley:

Hi, I picked up my Z2 from my local store last week but despite what's been said elsewhere about having to activate a new contract first, I have still had no text confirming eligibility for the TV - despite pre-ordering on 13th March. Honestly, other than the packing slip mentioning "Sony Bravia TV" in tiny lettering, I just cannot get any concrete answer or message (human or automated!) to allay my fears. Any update for me here?

Regards

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi PunkDad

Live Help here will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks

Sukhi

PunkDad
No, it won't! Jesus wept, see what I mean? You ask a simple question and all you get is referred back to the dullards who couldn't answer your simple question first, second and third time of asking!! And the TV is 720p - not 1080p! Or if it is then your very own poster "KD", What Hifi, Amazon, Richer Sounds, etc are lying to their customers. There were two different models touted in Sony's and VF's blurb right at the start - and the 1080p model number was withdrawn when people started querying the gaffe.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi PunkDad.

All customer service agents have access to a spreadsheet with the customers confirmed to be eligible.

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here if you'd prefer to do this via email, but it can take up to 48 hours for us to reply.

For all other queries around this offer, please visit these Ts&Cs. For returns or cancellations, please click here or call 191, option 3, option 2.

Many thanks, Ben

alanrichie
That’s what I thought Punkdad cause I checked the model number in google was linked to richer sounds and other stores. Some said the model was 720p, where as one

supplier had full HD on the image of the TV but had an X for 1080p capacity, as far as I'm concerned I wanted the Z2 and was waiting for ages. I choose Vodafone over other competitors

due to the fact I needed a TV and was only interested in getting a full HD one, on checking the order number in the original Sony T&C's I seen it was so I choose to go with Vodafone.

It has been confirmed on this forum by a Vodafone technical rep. So if this is not the case I will kick off an absolute storm and ask for my contract to be cancelled due to misrepresentation of the

deal.

A 720p TV is no use to me at all, outdated rubbish in my opinion.

I've had nothing but trouble since I choose Vodafone, there's a mast down in my area so the signal is basically non-existent, I still have not got my sky sports mobile TV working after 6 phone calls to the tech team getting told to "take the sim card out and replace and now your problem should be fixed" had to call to get my tariff up'd to the current rates (data and entertainment pakc). The whole preorder fiasco and the miscommunication… the list goes on. Since 17th April ive ran Vodafone at least 15times.

alanrichie
I have also got a copy of.the original terms and conditions from sony.

Bloody hell some people get angry on here! Some sites have the same product code as 720, some 1080 (including one sony site)

So this is good news.