cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY XPERIA Z2 FREE TV OFFER, 1080p or 720p?

alanrichie
4: Newbie

I have received my Z2 finally and im over the moon with it.

I have a question regarding the TV, im 100% eligible received text etc.

But the model number is very much in question in the sony t&c's the model number given is 1080p

However in the topic from vodafone the model number given is only 720p.

Does anyone know if its 1080p or what? Or should I ring Sony direct, any ideas on how I can get a concrete answer?

Thanks in advance.

192 REPLIES 192

alanrichie
Ben could you not of confirmed in your post if it is 100percent 1080p?

Thanks for your reply non the less.

PunkDad
Ben, many thanks to you! The proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course but if what you say is correct then I shouldn't be on the receiving end of any more "yeah, probably", "should be okay" or, worse, "if you follow this link...".
And yes Deezle, I am pretty miffed at being given the runaround, repeated conflicting information and still no confirmation after 7 weeks. Like most, the TV promotion did its job and swayed me toward VF but now the 7-day return period's expired so I feel justified in my concern. Clearly those who've had texts must have something on their account to trigger it and all I've ever wanted to find out is why there isn't such a trigger on mine. See, simple enough - but let's see what happens....

Ben can you 100% confirm for me please that it is 1080p

So i can use your post as backup when it arrives.

Hi Guys,

At the moment all of the information that we have is that it’ll be a Sony 32” TV (model name: KDL 32 R47).

You’d need to speak to Sony to get clarification on the specs of the TV.

James

James do you have a contact number, or email address we can enquire with.

Surely somebody from Vodafone could do this for us?

Hi alanrichie,

I've found an email address for you - vodafoneoffer@sonypromotions.co.uk

They should be able to clarify whether the TV is 1080p or 720p.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi,

Just recieved the TV (R43B) but unfortunately its not the same model as communicated earlier. Why is so?

PunkDad
Well Ben, true to your word I at last received confirmation that I am indeed eligible for the TV. And not just via text but by a phonecall too! So now I have a terrific phone, an improved 4G tariff and peace of mind about the TV - just a pity it took so much time and misinformation. Definitely lessons to be learned by VF from this poorly executed promotion
But hey, I'm content now and can get on with enjoying my new phone. Thanks again.
BTW, texts containing full instructions on how to claim your TV will go out to all who are eligible on the 8th.

PunkDad

Anyone having problems registering with Sony to claim your TV? Keeps telling me I haven't entered an 11-digit mobile number - 

(Post edited in line with the house rules)

Hi PunkDad,

Everything looks fine with the online form and it's accepting a mobile number fine.

I’d clear your cache and cookies and try again.

If this still doesn’t work, get in touch using the above email address.

James