cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY XPERIA Z2 FREE TV OFFER, 1080p or 720p?

alanrichie
4: Newbie

I have received my Z2 finally and im over the moon with it.

I have a question regarding the TV, im 100% eligible received text etc.

But the model number is very much in question in the sony t&c's the model number given is 1080p

However in the topic from vodafone the model number given is only 720p.

Does anyone know if its 1080p or what? Or should I ring Sony direct, any ideas on how I can get a concrete answer?

Thanks in advance.

192 REPLIES 192

email sent, thanks DaveCD

Ade

@DaveCD - i'm quite dissapointed in you and your team. I got this email 5 days later after you said you would look into this. After I confirmed my phone numbers, bank details, bill amounts etc. After everything;

Hi Ade,

Thanks for your reply.

You've mentioned in your first email that there was a change of number as you ported your old Orange number to Vodafone. It is possible that you're not able to submit the order due to this.

Can you get in touch with the support team directly on the email address 'vodafoneoffer@sonypromotions.co.uk' and advise them about the change of the number? If they require any other information from us then you can get back to us and we'll be happy to assist further.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Sudeep xxxx
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

@DaveCD, I thought you were looking into this? I mean, 5 days just to tell me go ask someone else!? You could have posted this to me on the furum (there and then) instead of acting like you actually pulled a finger out and leading me down another ghost trail for a week. 

Dont you feel ashamed by this response, Vodafone? Your representative "Sudeep" basically tells me to go and contact sony, based on information I gave 3 emails ago. What was he doing all that time??

Can a competent colleague actually take ownership of this! You (Vodafone) already know that I ported my number, you have my records and you know how much money you take from me. You know when I preordered and you also know that its within the correct time frame as people preordered after me & have been sorted! 

Why are you making this difficult!

@AdedamolaAdeleke

I am in exactly the same situation to you. I spoke to Sony yet again yesterday and practically pleaded with them to tell me what it is they are waiting for Vodafone to tell them so they can send me the TV, they wouldn't discuss their internal process with me (which I understand), they've asked me to wait a few more days as they are chasing it with Vodafone and insist that it is Vodafone they are waiting for and not the other way around. I spoke to Vodafone customer support and they INSIST that they are waiting to hear back from Sony as to why my TV has not been dispatched yet, what am I supposed to do!!!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Punkdad - I can see James asked you to email us last month, did you get in touch? If you can let us know your email reference number (sent in an automated reply), we can check we've got it.

alanrichie – Did you email us as requested hereIf you can also provide us with the email reference number, we can check we've got it.

AdedamolaAdeleke – Sundeep will have checked your account first to make sure everything is as it should be. The next step will be to email the address provided.

jayc1980 – I can see that you posted on 5 June confirming that we’ve replied and confirmed that it’s in the verification process. Regarding your 4G, if this is still showing as removed, reply to the last email we sent and we can look into this further.

sdavid756 – I can see your email reply in our inbox (#7038279), so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Jenny

please dont take this personally Jenny but isnt that quite a silly thing to say given that all we are asking here is for you (Vodafone) to get of your backside and do something about this instead of outsourcing the leg work to us.

I emailed Sony a while ago who havent responded and there are a few people here who have done this step like you said and have been told to come back to you. Only for you to turn around and send them back?? Where is the customer service? or is it customer service if there is new money involved?? Customer service is not just about answering questions quickly, especially when the answers are knowlingly or unknowlingy useless information!?

It's about taking ownership! There is a problem, you own it, you actively do something about it. Instead of qouting a script like a broken record, you show some initiative. Here's an example;

What stops YOU from calling sony and telling them you screwed up a couple customers registrations for the competition you organised to terms you agreed. As opposed to passing us in between????

You've got the records and you've got the authority. You clarify the mix-up and you come back to us and say (removed in accordance with eForum House Rules) and "if they are not in touch contact me and I'll go check" (as you are Vodafone's, not sony's, customer). 

Not once has anyone from vodafone here or on the phone realised the fundamental point that none of us customers interatcted with sony, prior to this. We are your customers and, when we have a problem, you should deal with it. Its actually not that hard. Dont pretend like you are doing stuff when youre actually just buying time by sending us round in circles.

It's quite obvious that you've made some admin errors here (especially those of us who have ported numbers). We all make mistakes, but I bet we dont all go around acting all non chalant whilst getting everyone else to tidy up the mess we've left behind. 

Rant over (still diassapointed)

alanrichie
What David said. Imagine this hassle if we did this for payment

We would get barred before they let this happen

palfy86
Just to add to this im another that has NOT received a tv yet. I sent the form data off and got what looked like a generic reply saying thank you and I should receive my tv within 28 days etc and that was on the 8th of may.

I've had no email confirmation or anything and no calls from Vodafone. Was gonna stick it out for the full 28 days (until Thursday this week) but after reading this thread I'm a little concerned.

Can one of the tech team help?

AdedamolaAdeleke
2: Seeker

Could you also help out with my order.

Just like ShazadAhmed, I also ported my old number and the guys on CS seem to have no idea when my order was made. One guy was adamnt that I got my phone as an upgrade (even though I have never been with Vodafone before).

Thanks

Ade

ianhealy
I also sent off my details on May 8th. When I spoke to CS, they could not tell me anything about my TV (nor can Sony), and I was simply quoted the terms and conditions and told to wait 28 days. That'll be this Thursday, and I'm assuming if I don't hear from Sony today, it won't be arriving within the 28 days as promised.

palfy86
Yeah I've got a strange feeling I won't be watching my Sony tv this weekend somehow. Not bad vodafone/sony great first impressions for a new customer.