cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY XPERIA Z2 FREE TV OFFER, 1080p or 720p?

alanrichie
4: Newbie

I have received my Z2 finally and im over the moon with it.

I have a question regarding the TV, im 100% eligible received text etc.

But the model number is very much in question in the sony t&c's the model number given is 1080p

However in the topic from vodafone the model number given is only 720p.

Does anyone know if its 1080p or what? Or should I ring Sony direct, any ideas on how I can get a concrete answer?

Thanks in advance.

192 REPLIES 192

palfy86
4: Newbie
@ianhealy

Yeah I can't agree more, that's how I understood the process was, and again like you after a very interesting phone call to ajay at VF last night he simply said I'm sorry martin it appears your not eligible for the tv offer immediately followed by is there anything else I can help you with??!

All I'm asking for is a straight answer and a free Sony tv I'm entitled too otherwise sony can have this Z2 back and VF can cancel the contract and I'll happily return to EE.

jameseminem
2: Seeker

Hi could someone please advise i am still waiting on my tv, i registered all my details on the night of 7/5/14 as soon as it would let me,  as you may well guess i am still waiting on my tv , does anyone have any idea whats happening, because the agents on vodaphone are robots. please help

Hi jameseminem,

The TV won't be sent until your first bill has been paid in full. The 28 days would begin after the payment has cleared.

Thanks,

Matt B

If the first bill was paid in full by a credit on the account, would that make any difference, also vodafone in error changed me from 4g tariff to a 3g tariff. its rectified now and i have paid 2 bills

That happened to me too, the change from 4g down to 3g for no reaosn whatsoever.

I only noticed because I had lost my Spotify premium account, called Vodafone to see what was going on and my package had been change to include 8GB of data but on a 3g plan, which I never asked for. Odd one that to say the least.

I worried that this  would mean me not eligible for the TV because they'd thought I'd changed my plan but I was assured that it wouldn't cause a problem. I guess I need to call and make sure.

Re Bestpe's post below, I've suffered EXACTLY the same event!! What on Earth is going on Vodafone??

And no, I havent received my free TV either!! Can someone please look into this - or should we all just start contacting BBC's Watchdog to get the VF CEO's pic onto the Wall of Shame for con-artists? Because "conned" is exactly how I feel right now!

PunkDad.

That happened to me too, the change from 4g down to 3g for no reaosn whatsoever.

I only noticed because I had lost my Spotify premium account, called Vodafone to see what was going on and my package had been change to include 8GB of data but on a 3g plan, which I never asked for. Odd one that to say the least.

I worried that this  would mean me not eligible for the TV because they'd thought I'd changed my plan but I was assured that it wouldn't cause a problem. I guess I need to call and make sure.

StephenVasey

I am also in same situation as most people. I have now paid 2 bills for my pre-ordered Z2. I was told I would qualify for the free TV. I had the Email and text etc. I went to the site on the 8th and submitted my details. I have not heard a thing and now it's the 5th and still no TV. Can anyone tell me what’s going on and if there is a way I can find out what’s happening.

Thanks

jayc1980
13: Advanced Member
I paid my first bill early, before I applied. Contacted Sony as requested, they are waiting back on Vodafone. Contacted Vodafone, they don't have a clue, then said I need proof of purchase. Would not listen to me or have a clue what I was going on about. This is getting truly rediculous. 28 days is today!!!!!!! So where is this TV then?

jayc1980
13: Advanced Member
Bestpe, think I need to ring too, my spirits premium doss ape a red a while ago.

AJRoper
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After receiving a call from a Vodafone rep today I was told to call the Sony promotion line which I did. Unfortunately Sony told me I was still waiting to be verified by Vodafone. After 2 bill payments and following all the terms and conditions I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take 28 days to verify someone. Surely it's just a check list! Wish I'd never taken up this offer, it's all proving to be more of a nightmare than it's worth.