Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SONY Xperia M4 too hot

Kienzel
4: Newbie

Hi, had my xperia m4 for 3 days now, and boy does it get hot! Just from normal use, texting, light browsing, calls, can see the cpu temp reach high 50's c, app updates pushed it to 75deg. Been onto sony, who say this is normal (suprise)  and a few whispers it might be Qualcomm's 615 chipset thats at fault. is anyone else melting with this otherwise good phone?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello.

May I take this opportunity to Welcome you to The UK Vodafone eForum. This is a Customer 2 Customer help & Discussion forum.

Can i just clarify :

Does the handset get warm to the touch ?

Does the handset get hot to the touch ?

A phone will warm up with use from both the internal boards and from body heat from your hand and from charging. 

Its good you've spoken to the manufacturer and they have advised what you describe is within its parameters.  

If you acquired the phone through Vodafone keep in mind you have a 14 Calendar Day Cooling Off Period to have it swapped out if the phones "hot" issues escalate. 

Sometimes a Factory Reset / Hard Reset especially after a Software Update can help. As this process deletes data in the phones memory then a back up prior to the process is advised. 

Have you performed a Google Search to find out the information about the ChipSet ?

I agree its a "good phone" Reviews speak about a good screen and battery life. What do you like about the phones features ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.