Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Hints and Tips

VodafoneUK
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to our list of Hints and Tips!

Please feel free to add your own finds on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to help out other users. These will be compiled into the main list (at the top of this thread) periodically. :Smiling:

Thanks in advance for your hints and tips!

17 REPLIES 17

welshrosco
4: Newbie
How i have set up hotmail on X10

in applications list hit the email icon and enter setup
enter your username and password
on the next screen you will need to add the @hotmail.co.uk or .com to the username
the server details are pop3.live.com
leave the port number as 995
security set as SSL (if available)
click next and the next screen which should be outgoing server
the server details are smtp.live.com
leave port number as 25
security type TLS (if available)
unchecked requires sign in

Using these settings i have got my email as and when requested also sending from the handset works. When going through the setup change to delete from server and it delets it too. Hope this works for other user too.

welshrosco
I have successfully sent and received bluetooth, yes 1.6 doesnt support as a rule but SE have added this as additional, with this in mind, not all media has successfully sent and sometimes do get an error, only one music track has failed all the other have been done successfully, just paired to the other device by going into
applications
settings
wireless
bluetooth
check the box for bluetooth on/off
search for other devices
pair using pass code
click on home screen
go into mediascape
find you file you are after and select the envelope
select bluetooth
click on other device and send
important to check is that the other device is bluetooth enabled and also check is need to activate discoverable as blackberry's and the X10 will require this before you both can receive.

welshrosco
If you like a lot of others are having battery issues, try going into the market adn searching for Advanced Task Killer in the free apps section and once downloaded its a simple yet effective tool to help stop any apps you cannot go into the menu option once in games alike and have to click back (<) exit. Battery last best part of 24 + hrs with used to make atleast 10 calls search web and apps market and email. cn vary to camera use and youtube streaming also. Turn off auto updates for all apps inc email timescape and refresh as and when you need to every cpl hrs. Work around 9 hrs 5 day and use for roughly 1.5 hr while in work.

meno
strange but battery appears to last longer with WiFi turned on

welshrosco
strange but battery appears to last longer with WiFi turned on

Probably to do with the fact your wifi is close to your handset and the nearest mast could be miles away and the signal has to go through the walls and any other obsticle in its way, would more than likely show similar results if you went outside to use your wifi (just a thought no tech genius lol).

welshrosco
After a couple of weeks now with no issues on hotmail account, i have had a connection error come up, left it for an hr and went thru again. So if this happens a lot another workaround is bookmarking msn uk, click and hold the screen on that bookmark and select add shortcut to Home Screen, 2 clicks from Home Screen to msn uk and then the email icon at top and you get pretty much the same as you would when using the built in email app.

mirroruk
Not applicable
Download "toggle data widget" from the apps store and use this to turn the gprs on/off when you need it after I have done this battery is at 60% at the end of the day this inc make several phone call, browsing the web, 5 hours of playing music and showing the phone off to friends :blink:

hope this helps

meno

Download "toggle data widget" from the apps store and use this to turn the gprs on/off when you need it after I have done this battery is at 60% at the end of the day this inc make several phone call, browsing the web, 5 hours of playing music and showing the phone off to friends :blink:

hope this helps

Remember by doing that you may stop picture messages coming thru,

I just switched to GSM only and i get 3 days no problem, 3G eats the battery

welshrosco
Having downloaded now just over 250 apps to my phone the intenal memory starting to get full only 107mb left, still got over 4gb left on sd card tho so not too bad, mind you with all this on the phone it still runs like out of the box, fast reliable and much all i need in a mobile with built in entertainment. Cant praise it enough and with the up coming releases of OS gona be an event worth waiting for i hope. Anyway...apps i've come to love are the obvious built in facebook, twitter and myspace for keepin in touch with mates. For just messing around when relaxing Super KO Boxing 2, very addictive and a good free app to play. Finger Bowling, yes Ten Pin Bowling on your phone, also Checkers, Texus holdem Poker, my 2 year old likes playin the kids games like paint you get on a pc called Finger Draw ,Touch! 4Kids farm animals sounds and Fishing to name a few. Of cousre to replace my trusty old Tom Tom theres Google Maps, a constant running app the does drain the battery faster than most but in the car plugged in isnt to bad to quick recharge. Since it is out there I've downloaded Antivirus as this is like a pc downloaded software from the web so better to be safe than sorry i guess. For all those playstation players out there I'm using ps3 trophies which allows me to display all my trophies on screen thru my phone so can check it anywhere.

If anyone else is using apps that have helped improve or replace day to day gadgets let me know!