Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Z1 not compatible with Sky Sports Mobile TV

lanco
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Having updated to lolipop i now get the error message in the title. Has anyone got any idea why this is happening when i could watch it fine before the update?

6 REPLIES 6

aidey68
9: Established

I'm also getting this problem, it seems that everytime Sony have a firmware update that the app then needs an update to work again.

I have been on the Sky forum and mentioned this issue, hopefully they'll sort it out soon...

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lanco & @aidey68

It might be worth removing the app and reinstalling it.

If it's just the Sky Sports app that you're having issues with, you'll need to contact Sky for further assistance.

Thanks,

Sukhi

aidey68
9: Established

@Sukhi

I have rebooted the handset and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no difference.

Therefore as my previous post I have already reported this on the Sky forum, as your dept are unable to assist with this issue

I'm assuming you are trying to use the Sky Sports access supplied by Vodafone as part of your package.

You may need to contact Vodafone to have your registered device changed. Sky Sports Mobile TV only recognizes one device per account, if you do a factory reset (or sometimes an upgrade) it no longer recognizes the device as the device registered.

I tried to contact Sky about it but they assured me it was Vodafone who need to make the change.

It is an issue with the Mobile TV app, as I have experienced this issue when Sony updated the firmware to 4.3 and 4.4. The app required an update before it started working again

I stand corrected, it turns out the issue was with the Sony firmware .242!!!

I have updated to firmware .270 earlier today and the app is working again.

So check for the latest firmware using either the phone or PC Companion.