Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Z3 5.1.1 problems

Brumbabe
2: Seeker
Since doing the android 5.1.1 update on Tuesday. I've had major problems such as phone being sluggish, keyboard typing what it wants, typing slow, screen going mad opening things
6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. If you didn't do a factory reset after the upgrade its worth giving it a try, often cures issues like the ones you are having.

Brumbabe
What about my phone numbers and pictures?? I dont want to lose them

63johnw
If your photos are on your external sd card they will be ok but you should always back important stuff up to at least two places anyway.

Your contacts should be backed up to your gmail/google account, go to settings, accounts, google then check that contacts are synched. You can also go into your google account on a computer and check that your contacts are there.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

after you move what you need to your memory card it's an idea to remove it before carrying out the reset just incase. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

Hi

after you move what you need to your memory card it's an idea to remove it before carrying out the reset just in case. 

Definitely.   If the card is set as default storage for any app, the device tends to regard it as part of the main pool and is very likely to format it as part of the reset.

FWIW, before doing a firmware update, I always close recent apps and restart the device.   That way, there are as few running processes as possible and it has most of its resources available for the installation.   It's worked so far...

Brumbabe
Ok cool I'll get that sorted then thank u