Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Z3+ Camera Overheat

CH001
2: Seeker

Hi eForum. I recently got a Vodafone Sony Xperia Z3+ and whenever I use the camera it comes up with a message saying 'temperature is rising' then shortly after I get another saying the 'camera app will shut down' then it closes.

I have upgraded to the latest software version available on Vodafone (28.0.A.7.24). I know the latest version Sony have released is 28.0.A.8.251. Is Vodafone going to release the latest version soon (which may fix the issue) and what else can I do to stop this problem happening?  I'm really upset I cant take photos when I want to.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Charles H 

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Its typically recommended after a firmware Update to then carry out a Hard Reset / Factory Reset to remove old redundant files. Make a back up beforehand as this does delete saved data in the phones memory. 

If this continues then I'd recommend approaching tbe manufacturer through their Uk support Site. 

Sony Xperia Uk Support

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sl1m_007
I've had the same issues with the camera on my Z3+.
Done three repairs on mine by Sony Companion Pc and the issue persist.
My phone is use now for standard communication device.
Soon as I in installed Google play store apps. The device reboots itself. This is the only phone does it.

BandOfBrothers

Have you guys tried any other type of Camera App (If available) to see if the current issue improves. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for thegreat  idea.  There are some nice apps as I have found out yesterday.  Not sure if the photos would look as good as the Sony app though. Is there any reason they wouldnt does any body know?

Kind regards

:Sad_face: can Vodafone not replace as it isnt really fit for purpose if yours reboots all the time.

karthik5
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Based on the reviews given by the users who have updated the Sony's latest firmware 28.0.A.8.251, the update seems to have fixed the heating issue and increased the performance of the phone.

I am eagerly waiting for the update for the past three weeks. Not sure when Vodafone is going to release it :smileysad:

I've sent Vodafone an email asking when this upgrade is due so will let you know if/when they respond.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

This sounds like an issue with the phone.

To get this fixed, it will need to be sent away for repair.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted, take a look at our Vodafone repairs thread.

sl1m_007
Hi Wayne!

This has already been gone in for repair with Vodafone and still same issues. I decided not to use the phone and gone back to my Z1 where all the apps work with no issues.
It got the latest version of lollipop (5.1.1).