Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia unlock

Tlclady
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have all the codes and the procedure for unlocking my phone but it won't bring up the statement asking for the unlock code! I've tried it with my old non Vodafone SIM card but it doesn't ask for the code. It doesn't work with the new Vodafone SIM so assume it's not unlocked by itself. How do I get the phone to ask for the SIM unlock network pin???? Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

If the phone works with a non-Vodafone SIM, it sounds as though it wasn't locked in the first place.

the phone was with EE I think and any Vodafone SIM doesn't register with the phone at all - there is no network coverage showing so I have 'assumed' that the phone was locked.  What can you suggest I try to double check this?  thanks for you help

hrym

Obvious question, but you have activated the Vodafone SIM, haven't you?  If not, that would explain the "no network" response.  As far as I'm aware, a locked phone would ask for a code the moment it gets a sniff of a "foreign" SIM and the usual way to test for locking is simply to put a different SIM in the device.

If all else fails, a trip to a Vodafone and/or EE shop may be in order.

yes, I had to activate a new Vodafone SIM card when I transferred my number that I wanted to keep over to Vodafone via PAC (that took ages as it was and now I can't get the phone to work!)  I'll pop into a shop tomorrow and see what they say - I've been trying to do this now for nearly a month and have been without a phone since then... very frustrating but only Vodafone coverage in my area now... so no choice.  But that's for your help

sorry, THANKS for you help!  :smileysurprised: