Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia z3 compact broken and want to change phone

Jack1996
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi!

I think I got my Sony Xperia z3 phone back in October or September but to be honest I'm not entirely sure myself as I can't get on it anymore.

The phone has been having minor issues such as the screen not turning on immedietly as of recent and just today the bottom half of the screen isn't working at all meaning I cannot access the phone due to not being able to type my password. I really dislike the phone and it hasn't lived up to what it was thought to be when it was signed to be by contract.

I'm on a 2 year contract paying £35 a month and that's quite a lot for me seeing as my income isn't too high and since I bought the phone it has been giving me even worse problems since my work hours have been majorly cut down and it's barely even do-able a month for me to afford it.

I have looked at other posts and saw that I could buy out my contract and that would mean around £400 + which is waaaay out of my capability. Reparing the phone will also be extremely expensive as it's a newer model and having enquired with some phone repair stores and it's fairly ridiculous.

Is it possible that I'm able to reduce the price of my contract and have a different phone at all? I wouldn't like to continue paying for a contract I cannot afford anymore and prioritising such is causing me some financial issues.

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

If the phone isn't working properly take it to a Vodafone store and send it off for repair. As long as it isn't damage caused by you it will be repaired under warranty for nothing.

I'm afraid that the contract is fixed and you won't be able to reduce the amount you pay or get a different phone from the network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn wrote:

If the phone isn't working properly take it to a Vodafone store and send it off for repair. As long as it isn't damage caused by you it will be repaired under warranty for nothing.

I'm afraid that the contract is fixed and you won't be able to reduce the amount you pay or get a different phone from the network.

Hi Jeff. Thank's for your reply.

How much exactly would it cost me if I was to buy out the contract? That's if it's costing me £36 a month and having around 17-18 months left.

jeffkinn

The termination fee is the monthly cost less the VAT and a 2% discount. 

At £36 a month for 18 months that works out to £529.

Get the phone repaired and then you can sell it if you want to to partially fund the buyout or buy a different phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png