Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Z3 Screen Issue

milson2282
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had the Sony Xperia Z3 compact for just under a year now, I have had so many issues and problems with the handset - faulty proximity sensor, the SD memory card slot is broken and wont retain the SD card and the handset overheats when charging.

The most recent issue, is that the front screen is coming away from the body of the handset, you can cleary see that the glue / adhesive is failing and coming away.  Now the handset keeps loosing WiFI and network connection, and sporadically reboots itself, which leads me to think it may e water damaged - being IP68 certified getting it wet has never been an issue.

My question is, if it is water damage I know these voids the manufactures warranty, but with the water damage originated from a manufacturing defect I want to know where I stand in regards to getting it repaired or replaced.

12 REPLIES 12

It's been off for over 24 hours and the screen is still black.i can hear the volume increase as I turn the phone up and down so the phone still works. Got a feeling it's fried the screen. With the camera use and temperature outside, I expected better to be honest. I had less problems with the Xperia z I had before this one.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I still suspect a swollen battery.   If I'm right, this needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later.   If it splits, there's a danger of fire.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ALGreenwood

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened, especially as you’re on holiday.

I’d suggest keeping the phone turned off now, at least until you’re back in the country.

Then it’ll need to be sent away for repair.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted when you're back in the country, take a look at our Vodafone repairs thread.