Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Z5

lyrebird09
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Having persistently asked Vodafone staff if there was a new Sony Z4 due for release just over a month ago before renewing my 2 year contract and upgrading to a Z3 compact I am hugely disappointed to hear the Z5 is due for release in line with the new James Bond film. As a loyal Vodafone customer for around 6 years I feel let down.
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Im sure theirs method attached to their business decisions we are not privy to. 

Have you perhaps looked around at Independents such as CPW when the Z4 is released.

Do ensure they Upgrade you and not Open up a new contract to which we have seen posts about. 

Watch http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@bandofbrothers1 

I don't think the poster will be able to upgrade seeing as they upgraded with VF a month ago, shame really as the Z5 is a nice phone

Still waiting for the Action Camera to be delivered.....

If I am not mistaken, the Z5 Premium will not be available until November 2015. I will be taking delivery of a Z5 since I am not convinced with the 4k screen. It is gorgeous but I'm just scared that it will have a negative impact on the battery life.

This is the age old query regarding firmware I'm afraid .....

Sony has recently released a firmware update which is also an important security update to 1st November 32.2.A.5.11

Vodafone NL, DE, ES, AU, HU, PT has it 

It has been released on the EE and Virgin UK network too

So can you please hurry up with your testing and release it in the UK....

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aidey68 Apologies if you're impacted by this.

Keep an eye on our blog for any updates on the release of the latest firmware update for your Sony mobile device. 

AnnS

@lyrebird09

The Z5 has only just been announced and won't be released until November. I doubt that Vodafone would have had any more knowledge of the release date that anyone else.

There is never a good time to upgrade, there is always something better coming along.  There is no reason for you to feel let down, the decision was made by you at the time to upgrade to the Z3 compact.  If you knew there was a possiblity of the Z5 coming, you could have waited. 

@Ann S

I think you will find that the Z5 is out now and for sale on the VF site

There is a Z5 premium which has also been announced but there has been no release date for this,  but the regular Z5 and the Z5 Compact are out now 

AnnS

@edinscott34

You are correct, I didn't look on the website but I did look at GSMArena.