Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony xperia z2 lollipop updated

darkalien
2: Seeker
Hi just wondering if there is any news on the lollipop android update as to when we might be getting it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
Its always frustrating not being given release dates for firmware, especially if there is a bug you are waiting on a fix for.

Vodafone's stance is to not give out release dates in case there is a last minute delay and people get angry because they (Vodafone) haven't delivered on their promised.

Unfortunately it means they will get criticism which ever way they go.

The forum will always announce updates as soon as they are officially given the go ahead. 🙂

TSD

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

NathanJT
4: Newbie

As with the Z3 and Z3C, the only release from Sony thus far has been to Baltic/Scandanavian countries. That came out last monday and rumour has it Sony have found some bugs which need fixing prior to extending the roll out.

I can't say as I've noticed any myself though.

Obviously you're not just relient on Sony here as Vodafone will also have to add their own delays prior to approving the release when it does come.

darkalien
Yer iv see the same thing myself an official update would be nice as it's clear it's a very eagerly awaited update to fix multiple issues :Smiling:

The release is already out there for Vodafone it can be downloaded but as Vodafone have us "over the barrel" with a locked bootloader we have to wait for the OTA release of this which could be any time, but as always with comunication companies they do not know how to comunicate with there customers lol.

@bades1978

Not according to Xperifirm it's not, the latest version for Vodafone UK being 23.0.1.A.5.79 / R8B (Kitkat)

Also, a locked bootloader doesn't stop you from flashing an official ROM just custom roms. I'm currently running the Nordic Combined Lollipop release and it's streets ahead of Kitkat. Obviously as soon as the Vodafone UK release is out I'll flash back onto that release.

Sorry but you'r information is incorrect 

Device: Xperia Z2 (D6503)
CDA: 1281-2651
Market: United Kingdom
Operator: Vodafone UK
Network: GLOBAL-LTE
Release: 23.0.1.A.0.167 / R2B
Size: 1.14 GB

This is from Xperifirm 

thesoupdragon
Its always frustrating not being given release dates for firmware, especially if there is a bug you are waiting on a fix for.

Vodafone's stance is to not give out release dates in case there is a last minute delay and people get angry because they (Vodafone) haven't delivered on their promised.

Unfortunately it means they will get criticism which ever way they go.

The forum will always announce updates as soon as they are officially given the go ahead. 🙂

TSD

Ironically Sony themselves seem to have stalled the Lollipop release since the first wave last Monday. Rumour has it because of bugs.

So far it's available for Z2, Z3, Z3C, Z2 Tablet and Z3 Tablet compact, however only in Baltic/Scandanavian regions.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Just to elaborate on @thesoupdragon's advice, please visit our Firmware FAQ page. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben 

darkalien
The advice on the page is a general set of guide lines to follow how ever it dose not give us any more info than we already know I totally understand how the processes work its just a bit frustrating when other manufacturers have already released it for there fones and Vodafone have also released it for those other manufacturers