Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony z3 compact NOT WATERPROOF

davecool100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
WARNING!! The z3 compact is not as waterproof as claimed. Don't risk it! I only just managed to rescue mine with a bag of rice and greek sunshine. You have been warned! Dave
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Thank you for your post.

Could you possibly explain what happened ?

I've used the Sony Xperia Z which as long as all the sealing plugs had been fully inserted was waterproof.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. All doors closed fully, took it in the pool and after 2 mins the phone went crazy. Lots of reports of the same thing happening to others. I will not be getting it wet again. Working now but not properly. Will nead a strip down and clean and maybe a new screen.

63johnw

HI. I know its supposed to be waterproof but when you read the small print that does come with some caveats !

Screenshot_2015-05-23-08-13-42.png

BandOfBrothers
Thank you for the reply.

I would suggest you speak to Sony UK Support on this.

Help Link -> http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

If you open the phone and thus breaking the seals any remaining manufacturing warranty will be invalid and you may find any insurance company will not entertain repairing or replacing the handset.

If water has been able to get into the inside of the phone then even tho it's working now reactions such as corrosion of the internal boards can happen causing failures in time due to the water.

Other elements in the pool water could have a lasting effect too.

Check with Sony and they should be able to assist you under the 2 year warranty (if applicable to your age of phone)

If you have mobile phone insurance or have house contents look to those. And some current Bank Accounts provide cover that most account holders are not aware of.

With these T&C apply so please do check them and excess fees may be applicable.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

audrius-vait
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thanks for warning and all information.