Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sophisticated call blocking app to suit a Z1

EmleyMoor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am looking for a call blocking app that is a bit more sophisticated than one that blocks calls from specific numbers, or beginning with specific numbers.

Specifically, I am after one that can reject calls from 10-digit caller IDs, except where they are valid - that is, to be valid, they must be in one of 37 01xxx area codes, or more specifically must begin with one of 210 combinations of digits. Otherwise, 01 and 02 caller IDs are 11 digits.

I am trying to save myself the bother of having to block all of these individually (100000 per broad area, so many millions possible in total) and only after they have made my phone ring. I think I may have found a reason some of these calls make it to my mobile now, so I may be able to block some of them slightly upstream, but they are a frequent annoyance.

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @EmleyMoor

We can’t recommend specific apps, but our community may have some suggestions for you. :Smiling:

If you’re having problems with nuisance calls and texts, our support pages offer further help and advice.

Thanks,

Jenny

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's a bit unusual to get that many nuisance calls!   You could try registering with the Telephone Preference Service (tpsonline.org.uk), although that won't help with rogue callers who ignore it anyway, of course.  It does seem to keep numbers down, though.

I assume you've looked on Google Play?   I'd be very careful of apps that come from elsewhere as they can contain malware or just make thigs worse.

63johnw

Hi, dont know if you got anywhere with this but this article may help.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-phone-calls-on-your-android-smartphone/

Unfortunately there's nothing there with the sophistication required.

I really want something that can blanket block the obvious dud ranges.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I don't think there are any apps with the functionality you're wanting. I think the simplest solution would be to not answer your phone... Or answer it and tie them up in knots so they hang up on you... That is my trick and it works well....hee hee.

PWIAC