Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to unlock phone

jimmynugent
2: Seeker

Unable to unlock phone via the website.

I receive a text message back saying my IMEI number is incorrect but its definately correct from what i can tell. Im dialling *#06# to get it.

Please advise how i can resolve this?

My phone is a Sony Z3 compact

My IMEI number: (removed for security)

Ive called the helpline and was on the phone for about 40 minutes being passed around to various people. Had to repeat my info multiple times. Was eventually told it would be resolved and i would be emailed but this never happend. 

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, have you changed your phone at all? I think (can't access my account at the minute to check) you can look to see what imei is registered for you.

jimmynugent
Hi john, thanks for your reply. Yes- I upgraded my phone a few months ago. How can i see what number is registered? Please dont say the helpline....

63johnw

Thats propbably where the problem is, if you log into your main account, go to settings, manage my settings and it will show the imei number on your account.

If this isnt up to date you may be able to try livechat to get it updated, if they cant do it you may be able to do it in a store.

I've gone to settings and there is no metion of the IMEI number nor a section called manage my settings.

There is a section called 'manage my devices'  but that then asks for my IMEI number! 

I have however just noticed that the IMEI number on the side of the box my phone came in is different to the one that comes up when i dial *#06#. 

The plot thickens...

I'll try the live chat as you've suggested and see how i get on.

thanks for your help. If you think of anything else please let me know

63johnw

Hi, this is from my main account front page

1Capture.PNG

Then in the manage my settings bit there are tabs for settings, manage devices, activate new sim, in the manage devices section that is where my IMEI number is but when I think about it I think I put that there when I got my new phone, I had been thinking it was put there by vodafone but I may be misleading you a bit, try livechat and see what they say, sorry about that. :smileyembarrassed:

hrym

Yes, I've never been quite clear about what that bit does, if anything.  There must a a section of the system that the Vodafone people can see that shows the IMEI number of the device Vodafone think they supplied (there have been instances of the number on the box, which I assume they'd go by, not matching the one the devices itself reports).  There'll also be a record of the number that's actually in use.   For Android devices, you can also see this on your Google dashboard and it would be worth checking that it corresponds with the number the device itself reports.  I'd imagine it would, though.