cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unfortunately Vodafone Updates has stopped (Xperia Z2)

mcwomble
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Clearing the cache makes no difference and I cant remove the app.

Is this a case of pestering Vodafone to sort their app out?

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

If an app stops, there are various tricks that'll get it going again.  The first one I usually try is to clear recent apps by tapping the square icon next to the home key, then look for an X or 3 parallel lines when the display comes up.  If that doesn't work, try Clear Data.  That last will nuke the thing completely and you'll have to set it up again.  How much would be involved in Vodafone Updates I'm not sure, but probably not a lot.

Sadly it's a Vodafone phone so I can't "nuke" the app as it's hardwire installed.

Forcing a stop or clear data just doesnt work.

hrym

Did you try clearing recent apps?*  And I assume you went for the full "Clear Data" and not just "Clear Cache"?  Did the figure for data in the app stats reduce when you;d done it?

* Bits of the app are somtimes left running to make resuming quicker.  Stopping them this way clears that out and may also make the Clear Data option more effective (though so should Force Stop, tbh).

Some to that, what happens if you go back into the app and try to do something?  It may be a temporary situation that resolves itself.