Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock problem

nicksknee
2: Seeker
Looking for help please! I applied for an unlock code for my Xperia z3 compact. When it finally arrived it did not work. The code was 16 digits long but the phone seemed to reflect it after 6 digits. Unfortunately I did not read the small print at the end of the email containing the code about not trying too many times and I fear the phone is now locked permanently. The advice I got from the chat advisor was to email the unlock team for another code. Stoll waiting for this. Has anyone successfully unlocked a z3 c and if so how many digits was the code? If I have permanently locker the phone can it be unlocked at a Vodafone service centre? Or by Sony? The support from the chat advisors seems to go round in circles - I'm hoping the forum can help please. Many thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

HI there

I am afraid that the eForum doesn't deal with account specific queries, but we can give you some general advice.

I am not sure how long the actual unlock code is, I was always under the impression that it was quite a long number, which would tie in with the 16 characters that you have been given.  

As far as I am aware, if you have entered the code wrong too many times, it will lock the phone and this can't be undone.  I don't think it can be unlocked by a Vodafone repair centre.  Also, Sony themselves will refer you back to Vodafone for unlocking. 

PWIAC

nicksknee
Thanks for responding. I have seen other posts where Vodafone technical staff have responded to individual queries. I have already gone back to my local store. They suggested requesting a second code and if that fails they will send it away for fixing. However l don't think they even understood the question to be honest and I fear you are right and they are wrong.