cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet App Woes and Annoyance!!

delta94
4: Newbie

Hello everyone,

This is an ongoing problem I have with the Vodafone Wallet app. I have just upgraded from A Sony Xperia Z to a Xperia Z3 along with a new sim. Love the phone and all is wonderful until I went to set up the Vodafone Wallet...

Starts O.K. then a page comes up saying New sim has been detected and needs to reinstall. Pressed start setup then comes up with Wallet cant be set up, something went wrong call us!!

The app worked perfectly on the Xperia Z so why not on the Xperia Z3

I then phone 191 and wait until EVENTUALLY I speak to some one, they then pass me through to Smartpass, who cant do anything with Wallet ARGHHH!!!! They tell me to go to my nearest store ( which is 65 miles away ),

which I did and the poor staff their didnt have a clue. Even asking me what Vodafone Wallet was?

I have done this now, in various configurations but still no joy for 4 weeks now!!

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good news everyone!

I just thought I would try to open the app and would you believe it, it actually installed perfectly.

No issues nothing, lord knows what had been going on before but its up and working now.

Thank you so much for your help.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

hrym
17: Community Champion

This came up once before, but I haven't been able to find that thread.  191 are supposed to be the support contact point for Wallet, but yes, they do seem to transfer the call to Smartpass.

Two thoughts.

1. Did you uninstall the app first, or try the reinstall over the top of the original one?  If not, give that a go.

2. Do you have an NFC SIM?  If you do, that may be where the incompatibility is.

Edited to add: a further thought - you are doing the setup over mobile data and not wifi, aren't you?   It doesn't tell you anywhere, but you need to do that.

Thank you for your reply, In answer to your questions.

Yes I did uninstall the apps and reinstall them, the Xperia Z I had didnt have a NFC Sim in it yet the app worked fine.

Yes the wifi is off, in fact the app wont let you set up  unless it is off, even taking you to the page to turn it off.

One thing I havent done is a hard reset. But I dont like doing that unless it is really necessary.

hrym

I don't think a reset should be necessary.   And, yes, the app works fine with a non-NFC SIM, I was just wondering whether, if you did have one, that was the issue.

Beyond that, I'll admit I'm stumped.

You and me both mate.

Along with pretty much everybody else too :smileyfrustrated:

I think what I might do is email the developers of the app and see what they have to say for themselves.

If no joy from them then I'll just have to close my account.

Thanks for your help anyhoo.

hrym

What's bugging me is that I'm pretty sure this came up before on the forum before and that an answer was found.   I also have a feeling an NFC SIM may have come into it, though, which is why I asked.  I've done a search on "wallet" but I can't find the thread.

It might be worth getting a replacement SIM if you haven't already, though.

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @delta94,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Matt

hrym

Click on the first link Matt_B has given you.   That'll start the process of talking to the team direct.   The second one will just direct you to the frontline customer service people, where you've drawn a blank already.

Cheers Hrym, just done that and I'm waiting for a reply.

In answer to your question about the sim, I was given a new one when I was in the shop but the problem is still there.

hrym

As long as you've received an acknowledgement (with a reference number preceded by a #), your message will be in the queue, so just hang on.