cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet App Woes and Annoyance!!

delta94
4: Newbie

Hello everyone,

This is an ongoing problem I have with the Vodafone Wallet app. I have just upgraded from A Sony Xperia Z to a Xperia Z3 along with a new sim. Love the phone and all is wonderful until I went to set up the Vodafone Wallet...

Starts O.K. then a page comes up saying New sim has been detected and needs to reinstall. Pressed start setup then comes up with Wallet cant be set up, something went wrong call us!!

The app worked perfectly on the Xperia Z so why not on the Xperia Z3

I then phone 191 and wait until EVENTUALLY I speak to some one, they then pass me through to Smartpass, who cant do anything with Wallet ARGHHH!!!! They tell me to go to my nearest store ( which is 65 miles away ),

which I did and the poor staff their didnt have a clue. Even asking me what Vodafone Wallet was?

I have done this now, in various configurations but still no joy for 4 weeks now!!

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good news everyone!

I just thought I would try to open the app and would you believe it, it actually installed perfectly.

No issues nothing, lord knows what had been going on before but its up and working now.

Thank you so much for your help.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

No sadly nothing still not even a reference number.

Sigh!!

I've given up!

No reply from anyone at Vodafone or their App department, not even an acknowledgement!

A LOT less hassle using real money anyway.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Ah.   After you'd completed the form, did you click the final Send button at (I think) the top right of the page you landed on?  That looks like a completion page but is in fact just an FAQ list.  It's caught me out.

I suspect you need to respond to the private message again and look out for that button (Sorry!).

Thank you so much for all your help, but I have just closed my account with Vodafone wallet.

And at long last someone has admitted the app DOESN'T work on the Xperia Z3!!

And they couldn't understand how it managed to work with the Xperia Z as it isnt supposed to.

The only difference I can think of is that the Xperia Z was unlocked but the Z3 is locked to Vodafone, who knows?

Thanks again.

hrym

I'll admit I'm amazed by that.  I've had app compatibility issues with devices with hi-res screens, but I wouldn't expect Wallet to have that problem.  I can understand it not working with the onboard NFC, but I think we established that you were using it standalone, didn't we?

Thats right. I can understand that Vodafone can't train everyone to know everything about their company, but it would be so much better if I had actually spoke to the correct department, instead of being passed from one to the other.

It is damn annoying as well as the app was really good.

hrym

I did have one further thought on this.  Did you uninstall the app on the original device before installing it on the new one?   I'm just wondering whether there's a restriction on having it on more than one device at a time?   (I'm sure I knew the answer to that once, dammit!.

Aye I did a complete reset on the old phone as I sold it to Envirofone.

I have just been contacted by the people at uk wallet support, in connection with the review I gave for their app on line. So hopefully something will happen, in the right direction at least :smileyhappy:

hrym

Thanks for keeping up with this.   I'm wondering whether resetting is enough or whether you have to go through the uninstall process first - you can see why this would be important as people start to move this app from one device/SIM to another.

Do please post any information you get from the wallet people.

Its no problem. I want to see this through, to hopefully, fruition. I was wondering about that as I was typing, but surely in the process of reseting the device it has to uninstall them first, format and then reinstall the operating software back on to it with out any of the user apps, as their data hasnt been downloaded?

Hopefully I will nothing yet though.