You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Simondi

WIfi settings

I have just received my arc and all seems OK apart from I cannot access the internet via wifi. The phone tells me it is connected to my router and the wifi indicator is displayed at the top of my screen. Wheh I try to to go online it says logging on and then displays an error message. It looks like the settingss on my phone will not let the wifi be used to go online. (3g works fine) Any help appreciated, cheers

Message 1 of 4 (2,388 Views)
Rank 35: Scholar IV
redpages

Re: WIfi settings

Hi,

Not too sure what this could be. A couple of things worth trying / extra information:

- Is it just the one wireless connection you can't connect to? (e.g. can you test on another wifi unit?)

- What router and type of connection are you using? (will hopefully help narrow down for others on here to solve)

- What is the error message when you try to connect?

Message 2 of 4 (2,384 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Simondi

Hi,

I'm using aD Link DSL 2740r router. It is using wpa/wwpa2 encrytption, I think!

My arc was connected but has now dropped out and I cannot go online via wifi. It is showing as being connected in its staus bar.

Thanks for the help

Simon

Message 3 of 4 (2,358 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi Simondi, welcome to the eForum!

redpages questions were a good starting point, but there were a couple of key points he came up with which you didn't address.

Firstly, do you manage to connect to any other hotspots, such as public WiFi in a cafe or on a friend's router rather than your own?

Secondly, what exactly is the error message which appears?

On top of these, can you confirm that you've taken the exact steps as shown on our Arc WiFi YouTube Video to set up the connection?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 4 (2,345 Views)