Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wallet app with z3

jayhayes
2: Seeker

hi there got my new nfc sim today. just put 50 onto the account and nothing has worked? any help and tips please?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Welcome to the eForum

Is their any options to turn On NFC in the phones settings ?

Something similar to

Touch Application.
Settings.
More.
NFC.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I'd certainly try what bandofbrothers1 has suggested.   The NFC SIM contains the secure element required to store your card, but isn't (which its name rather implies) an NFC device itself.   It works with the phone's onboard NFC.

ive tried all that nfc is on as the n is in the right hand coner.... tried paying again in manual mode... nothing worked 

hrym

Have you got one of the Smartpass tags or the companion card?  If so, can you pay with those?  If you can, it would rule out an issue with the account.

The other thing would be to log into your account* online and see if it's locked.  That happened to me once and nothing would work (although I can't use the nfc SIM anyway).

* To clarify: your Smartpass account, not your Vodafone account.

no i havent got a tag thing.... just the nfc simcard. woudnt mind but ive put 50pounds on to the account... went through all the set up etc... nothing. i have vodafone smart pass on toggled on and the contactless sign is green. ive tried ringing vodafone but due to bad english they dont have a clue what your tring to say and put in on hold

hrym

I have the tag and the companion card, which is an ordinary non-contactless credit card, came with it.

In the first instance, talk to Smartpass support and make sure your account is live and fully active.   They can only deal with card queries, not ones relating to Wallet, but at least they should be able to rule out issues in the area they cover.  They can also arrange for a tag and a companion card to be sent to you.   If you're completely unable to use the system, they'll also be able to help you retrieve your £50 from Smartpass (it's not completely lost!).

Support for Wallet is supposed to be via 191 but, yes, some operators don't seem to know about it.  If you've been sent an NFC SIM, you should have ticked all the compatibility boxes, but that's something that also needs to be confirmed.

jayhayes

hi ive got the vodafone wallet with the z3 and a nfc simcard etc... can not get the wallet to work keeps declining in shops what is embarrasing can i have a refurnd or can someone please help me as customer servies dont have a clue what am talking about and keeps putting me to billing 😕 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've merged your new post with your existing thread on the same topic.

@jayhayes wrote:

can someone please help me  

@hrym has been doing exactly that - trying to help you.

PWIAC