cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is my updated 4G plan data allowance?

sdavid756
4: Newbie

So, it's been almost 2 months now since Ellis posted on here that those who pre-ordered would get their data allowance updated to match what people who ordered post launch would get for the same money:

I QUOTE:

"

Community Manager
Ellis

Re: Introducing the Sony Xperia Z2. [ New ]

Hi everyone

First of all we want to offer our apologies for the difficulties experienced with order tracking over the last week with the Z2. This issue has now been fixed.

I also come bearing good news – on the 17 April we increased the amount of data we offer in our price plans for the Z2.

If you ordered before the 17 April, we will be amending your plan over the next few weeks to increase your data and will text you as soon as this has been done. This means if you’ve pre-ordered on our Red 4G plan, for example, you’ll actually get the same amount of data we usually offer in our Red L 4G plan. So you’ll get 5GB instead of 3GB without paying a penny more.

And that’s not all - if you pre-ordered before the 17th on one of our Red 4G plans for the Z2 we’ll also give you your choice of Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV for the full length of your contract – not just the 6 months you were expecting.

Thanks"

11 REPLIES 11

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sdavid756,

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can look into your price plan.

Regarding the free TV, once you’ve paid your first bill you the need to submit your details here. If you did this before paying your first bill, you’ll need to do it again once it’s been paid.

Thanks,

Jenny

So, my update on this is that they're trying to weasel their way out of this promise as Ellis didn't specifically name the RED L plan at being upgraded. That's very poor in my opinion as he said or at least implied ALL plans in this statement:

"on the 17 April we increased the amount of data we offer in our price plans for the Z2.

If you ordered before the 17 April, we will be amending your plan over the next few weeks to increase your data and will text you as soon as this has been done"

He then went on to state that:

"This means if you’ve pre-ordered on our Red 4G plan, for example, you’ll actually get the same amount of data we usually offer in our Red L 4G plan. So you’ll get 5GB instead of 3GB without paying a penny more."

This was ONLY an example, the intention of the whole post was to make us all aware that ALL plans were being revised, this is pathetic quite fankly to think customers are stupid and will roll over and accept this.

@Ellis, would you perhaps care to come in on this post and clear this up?

Has anyone else on here had their RED L plan upgraded to get the same data (9GB) as the RED XL plan? I'm paying £52pm for the RED L plan on 5GB when in fact the plans all changed on 17th April after I pre-ordered and now the RED XL plan is £52pm for 9GB data so I'm effectively paying the same as the RED XL but for less data which clearly isn't really fair and I assume is the whole reason why Ellis stated for us not to be concerned as it would all be upgraded and accounted for correctly, sadly it hasn't!

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

I see what you are arguing for, but don't think it is valid.

You signed up for a Red L 3GB, and it has been changed to Red L 5GB as the data was upped. You have not been changed any more for that extra 2GB, and that was what was promiced.

The fact that the price plan prices have changed since then does not mean anything, people who had signed up to 7GB XL at whatever price, will still be paying that same price for 9GB... they won't have had their cost reduced because base prices have changed.

If you wanted the XL data allowance, you should have signed up for the XL package.

Or waited a few months after the launch, as naturally prices are reduced over time.

The base Red plan was upgraded from 3GB to 5GB "for example", the Red L plan it would follow would also be upgraded from 5GB to 9GB. Anyone who bought the cheaper plan than me is now on the same data as me, what exactly am I paying the extra for?

To make this clear,on Ellis's word, anyone on the Red 4G plan was promised to get 5GB for no extra charge, so why should someone already on the Red L plan at 5GB already but paying more think that is fair? Bear also in mind that this was done BEFORE I actually received my handset and my contract started? I never complained at the time becaus Ellis had promised this was being sorted for everyone. See my point?

grolschuk

In that case you are actually asking 2 different questions.

The current (upgraded) values of the M, L, XL, XXL are 3, 5, 9, 13 GB

At the point that you placed your pre-order the L was only 3GB, so the promice to upgrade to the new value at no extra cost went through fine, as you are now on 5GB for the price you would have been paying 3GB for, and that is what Ellis' post was saying.

The price of the plan went down before the launch date, so why are you still on the original price rather than it either being reduced, or being bumped up to the next tariff?

I would say that is because the order and plan all went through and was booked into the system as that is what you were going to be paying for your contract.

When the price change happened, you were already in the system, and locked to the agreed price.

You could have cancelled the pre-order and ordered again on the new pricing, but that would have taken you out of scope for the TV offer, which I guess you wouldn't have wanted to do?

Hi, no the Red L 4G plan at launch was on 5GB and I'm still on 5GB. The Red 4G plan (No L) at pre-order was 3GB but supposedly upgraded to 5GB at no cost as per Ellis' post. I signed up and paid for the Red L 4G plan at the pre-order stage which was 5GB but at actual launch the prices all changed and data allowances changed, meaning I'm paying the XL price but getting the L data bundle, Ellis' post was to reassure everyone that they wouldn't loose out, I feel I have as Everyone who pre-ordered on the Red 4G plan and paying less than me got upgraded (I assume! they've had to chase it I understand!) to 5GB for free, I started on 5GB and have not been upgraded to compensate me. Look at it like this:

Customer 1 Pre-Orders on the Red 4G plan 3GB data at £47pm (I think it was at the time), then as per Ellis' post gets given a new data allowance from 3GB up to 5GB post launch for free so they aren't unfairly disadvantaged.

Customer 2 (Me) Pre-Orders on the Red L 4G plan 5GB data at £52pm, but you're argueing isn't entitled to also be upgraded to the next tier of Data allowance?

Both customers are now on a 5GB data plan, both pre-ordered at the same time before launch but one pays £47pm and the other £52pm

How is that fair?

See my point now?

grolschuk

Yep - i've just re-read it and looks like I have been getting plans confused.

I think i'll bow out of the conversation and leave it for the forum team to pick up and answer, and it does read like you should be upped to the XL data rates (or some kind of increase).

Hopefully you get it resolved.

@grolschuk thanks for taking the time to read and reply though 🙂 hopefully the team here will see my point and agree too!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sdavid756,

Thanks for taking the time to explain it out. I had to read it through a couple of times but from what you've posted, it looks like we need to pick this up.

I can't see any emails in to our team from the address you used to register to the eForum with. If you used a different email address, let me know the [#7xxxxxx] reference.

If you didn't use the subject title that Jenny sent via PM, please reply to the last email you received using it. It'll look something like 'ABC123'. This will route you to our inbox.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers, Ben