Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is the 5.1 update already?

podycust
4: Newbie

I fed up waiting now as vodafone are the only uk not to release it for the Z3 Compact!

I know someone is going to say vodafone don't talk about firmware updates!

But Vodafone its time you start being more open about firmware updates, am not asking for release updates, just what stage of testing etc its at!

Even better just give us an option to flash the stock uk firmware which doesn't void the warranty

Happy to help!

11 REPLIES 11

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust

The reason we don't publish dates is due to the fact they can slip during testing.

As much of the coding is out of our hands, and some updates fail testing altogether, it's best we don't lay any expectations.

Our firmware statement has further details.

@Ben_H

This is all am asking for

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Software-Updates/30th-July-2015-Software-Update-Weekly-Wrap/td-p...

If your Australian counterparts can do it why can't you?

Also why can't I remove or disable the annoying vodafone update app which I never use as I rather update all the vodafone apps through the play store? 

Happy to help!

@podycust

The varies for each part of the Vodafone Group, meaning parts of the group are able to work in different ways and also discuss differently information.

As per the firmware statement Ben provided the link for in his previous post, Vodafone UK are unable to give exact dates for firmware releases as these are all subject to testing.

Vodafone Updates is an app that allows you to keep up to date with the various other apps and advantages that come from Vodafone. It is part of your Vodafone package and is not able to be removed from the phone.

If you're encountering any issues with the app or it's preventing any features from working correctly let us know and we can look into this for you.

How is it part of my vodafone package as if I had a iphone or windows phone it wouldnt be preinstalled, so why on android? Why do I have to result to rooting to remove it? even sonys built in apps such as sonys album app can be disabled!

what advantages? all the app does is spam with a load of vodafone apps am not not interested in!

would flashing the stock uk firmware void my warranty?

Happy to help!

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, have you tried disabling the app, I have it disabled on an HTC but the Sony I have doesn't let you, worth a look?

yes I have it has, it doesnt let you, thats why am making a fuss about it!

Happy to help!

Lou1509
8: Helper
I just got the 5.1 update... So keep checking 😃

63johnw

I  have received an email from Sony telling me the update is now availlable to download and install on my Z3  but I am using a windows phone at the minute so cant confirm but seems like it is rolling out now, not sure if its much of an update though from what I have read.

Lou1509
Yes I had the email from Sony too... No definitely not much of an update... A few differences but not too much