Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Who does Sony repairs for Vodafone???

NathanJT
4: Newbie

I only ask because my wife is getting the run around from Vodafone customer services (in store and on the phone).

Basically her Z3C has suffered the well known issues of the charging port door seal failing AND the magnetic charging dock coming unglued. I'd recommended using the mag-doc so as to limit the number of times the port door was opened, there being a known issue with the longevity of those rubber seals. But it only lasted a week or so before the mag-dock came out.

The phone has been in for repair through a Vodafone store but the mag-dock is still not fixed. It's a good job I noticed when attaching a magnetic charge cable, otherwise she'd have assumed it fixed and therefore waterproof.

I can't honestly believe that Sony would have a) had a 4 day turn around and b) done SUCH a poor job in fixing the phone.

However all I hear on these forums is "Send it to Sony. Vodafone aren't allowed to fix it".

So what's the score?

We're away on holiday on Friday so there's not much chance of getting this fixed before hand. Worst still, as she seems to have a Friday afternoon special, it hardly instills confidence in the ability of the device to live up to its advertised specifications, let alone manage to out live a 2 year warranty!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

After a quick search I can only find this on repairs. 

http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2012/07/19/phonerepair/

I believe  iPhones are sent to Apple but I'm not sure about Sony Handsets. 

Its generally suggested to approach the manufacturers UK Support online site as they know their Hardware and Software better than a 3rd party repair centre. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

The advice to go direct to Sony is prevalent because it's sound.   I'm impressed that Vodafone have done warranty work in these circumstances as they're restricted by all the manufacturers in what they can do if there's anything that might be construed as damage.

The issues you describe aren't really satisfactory is what appears to be such a short timescale.   If you go to Sony, you could ask whether, if this is a know issue, they wouldn't consider a replacement.  As the manufacturer, they have more leeway and may even do that.

You could persist with Vodafone, but going direct to Sony is likely to get you a more satisfactory outcome more quickly.

aidey68
9: Established

I was fortunate with the repair of my Xperia Z1, as it developed a white line down the right hand side of the screen and the battery appeared to have reached the end of its recharge cycles.

It was returned within a week, screen replaced, battery ok, I think it had the outer shell replaced, so not often I get to say this, but thanks VF :smileyhappy:

hrym

There's a 2 year warranty on Sony batteries, so it sounds as though this all fell under that, which is as it should be.   I suspect the screen problem may have been down to a dead battery swelling, so that would all be part of the same thing.

Good to hear of satisfactory service, though.