You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: Xperia Ray randomly reboots since last update.

Hi James, sorry I don't know how to access the forum PM messages, anyway, I am afraid that as it is a minor using the phone it wouldn't be possible to contact them directly, but if you have a email address and I could get him to rite a detailed email to you about the current problem,

Many Thanks

Josh

Message 21 of 38 (4,488 Views)
Tech Team

Hi Josh-K

Thank you for your post and for asking the question.

We are unable to obtain the required information via email, please follow the instructions on the Private Message and we will be in touch as soon as we can, you can use either method explained on the PM which I have sent.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 22 of 38 (4,486 Views)

Hi, i am not completly sure in which way to contact you, via phone is not possible,but via email is,

many thanks

Josh

Message 23 of 38 (4,471 Views)

Hi, could you please check something I think may play a part in the actual fault,
the battery in my current phone is 4.2v and 1460mAh but when looking at all the possibilities I noticed that all the battery's in shops even legit Sony Ericson ones are 3.7v and 1500mAh is that rite, is my phones battery the wrong battery?

Message 24 of 38 (4,468 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Josh-K

To be honest it is possible that this is causing the issue however unless all of the other users in this thread are using the same version of battery then it shouldn’t make any difference.

However the only way to see for sure would be to test the phone with a different battery.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 25 of 38 (4,459 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Josh-K

I have spent some time speaking with our devices team for you on this one in reference to the battery however, can you confirm if the battery that you are using was the battery that was supplied to you by Vodafone directly in the original handset you were given? Or was this purchased separately?

Also Can I ask for you to back everything up from your phone and perform a factory reset, once done test the phone in this state for 24 hours and let us know if it improves the situation or if you still see the reboots.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 26 of 38 (4,440 Views)

Hi James, Yes the batter was the original supplied by videophone, and I did a factory reset 2 day's ago again after the phone had been left for a week or so without being used, and installed everything left sat at home running for the past 2 days and I have not experienced any restarts since, I would know seen as the sim has a pin code, the factory reset was using the new "Sony" PC suite.

Many Thanks

Josh-K

also i will let you know if any restarts occur within the next 24hrs

Message 27 of 38 (4,436 Views)

James, also, i haven't done any system updates on the phone since the recent reset

Message 28 of 38 (4,435 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Josh-K,

Many thanks for the update, please keep me posted with the results of your findings.

Regards

James

Message 29 of 38 (4,428 Views)

Hi James, to do with the earlier post concerning the battery, today the phone went flat, but it has been charging for about an hour and is still showing 1% battery life, I am wondering if it is the battery that causes the problem, is this normal I haven't had a phone do this before.
Could you let me know asap if it would be worth investing in a new battery

Many Thanks

Josh-k

Message 30 of 38 (4,408 Views)

Also, i just unpluged the charger, and the phone cut out immediatly, and the battery isnt charging or powering the phone, a friends phone's bettery of the voltage 3.7 insted of 4.2v will charge fine without any problems in my handset

Message 31 of 38 (4,406 Views)

Hi James, after what I previously said about my battery being a V and 1460mAh, the battery for the Neo V and Ray and same model number are the same size, but the output is different, I am thinking that this battery is for the wrong phone, anyways, I am going to get another battery now seen as this one seems to have stopped functioning

Message 32 of 38 (4,375 Views)

4.2V

Message 33 of 38 (4,374 Views)
Tech Team

Hi Josh-K

Thank you for your posts.:smileyhappy:

Please can you keep us updated and let us know how you get on with the new battery as it sounds as though this may be where the fault may be.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 34 of 38 (4,362 Views)

Hi David,
i will continue to update, once i have a battery, may be a whirl i am trying to find the actual sony ericsson one's

Message 35 of 38 (4,328 Views)

Hi,
I have bought a new battery for my sony ericsson Xperia ray now, which is a identical battery, but insted of sayin 4.2V like the origional this one says 3.7V which is the voltage that the battery should be by the sony ericsson spesification. i hope all goes well now.

Josh-K

Message 36 of 38 (4,248 Views)

Hi,
Had then new battery for about a week now, it all seems fine, no reboots since its been used.

Message 37 of 38 (4,198 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Josh-K,

Thanks for the update here.

I will update our devices team for you.

James

Message 38 of 38 (4,160 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd