Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xperia Z will not charge or turn on

developer_dave
2: Seeker

I took my phone into Vodafone 2 weeks ago for repair because when I plugged it in to charge it went completely dead and would not come on even though it had 50% charge.  Got the phone back yesterday apparantly software had been upgraded but guess what - the phone drained to zero during the day and now will not charge or come back on.  I have tried pressing the volume up button and power button togther all that happens is the red led light flashes a few times. It will not come on or charge up even being plugged in over night.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi developer_dave

Is sounds like there is a fault with the phone, I'd recommend taking it back to the store so that they can take another look at it in case they missed something.

Thanks

Sukhi

My xperia z turned itself off and now will not turn on or charge. I am on holidays on Kangaroo Island.  There are no Vodafone outlets here.  My holiday is being ruined.  Thank you very much.  This phone was provided to me by vodafone only recently, I don't want it fixed.  I want a new phone!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That does sound like a battery problem.  Have you by any chance allowed it to go flat?   This does lithium-based batteries no good at all and will shorten the life considerably.  Sony include the battery in their guarantee, so you can probably get it replaced by them, but the phone will have to go away, I'm afraid and there's no instant fix.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JennyDyason,

It's unfortunate to see you're out of the country and need a repair. 

You can find out more about the repair process here. Under the warranty, we'll be unable to just swap your phone out.

Many thanks, Ben

cigby

try this , plug it in to charge then whe it is on charge hold in the power button and the up volume until the phone vibrates, this has happened to me a couple of times and each time i did this it charged the phone and turned it on aswell.