Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xperia z3/Vodafone issues

Tamicathomas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have or had the xperia z3 and it gets pretty hot. In fact the screen cracked while it was charging and the screen doesn't respond to touch anymore. I've only had it three weeks and I'm literally fighting with Vodafone right now to get it fixed. I went to the store and they said it would automatically charge me £150 because it's physically damaged even tho its not my fault. They let me call customer services while in the shop and I was on hold for well over an hour before I gave up, went home and tried live chat who promised to send me a new phone even though I was out of the 14 day period in the 'spirit of good customer service' (ha!), which was supposed to arrive yesterday. Suprise suprise it's not here. Called Vodafone and they said because live chat has a different system in India they can't do anything. No help whatsoever. I haven't even paid the first bill for this phone and I'm getting all this hassle. I should've cancelled my account when I had the chance because literally every conversation i have with Vodafone ends in disappointment
1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If there's physical damage, Vodafone are restricted by all the manufacturers as to what they can do under warranty.   In this case, go direct to Sony.  As the manufacturer, they have full leeway and can take a more pragmatic view.  I agree that you appear to have a clear case for a warranty repair with Vodafone, but going direct to Sony will be quicker than arguing your case.