Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Z3 compact Black screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just have a black screen on my Z3 compact. Tried resetting using the Volume Up button and Power button as well as the yellow button under the sim cover. No luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds to me like the screen is faulty.  You will need to send it off for repair.  If you bought it through Vodafone, and not a third party, you can drop it off instore to be sent for repair.

However, you may also wish to get Sony to take a look at it for you.  Personally I prefer to deal directly with the manufacturer and not with a third party repair agent.  Reason being is that the manufacturers have a lot more discretion and aren't bound by loads of rules. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p

Hi there

It sounds to me like the screen is faulty.  You will need to send it off for repair.  If you bought it through Vodafone, and not a third party, you can drop it off instore to be sent for repair.

However, you may also wish to get Sony to take a look at it for you.  Personally I prefer to deal directly with the manufacturer and not with a third party repair agent.  Reason being is that the manufacturers have a lot more discretion and aren't bound by loads of rules. 

PWIAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I've taken my phone in and it has been sent for repair. However, according to this webpage...

Vodafone Courtsey Policy

I should be given a courtsey phone for the duration of the repair but the shop in Bexleyheath refused to give me one.

Not happy.

drey_p
A courtesy handset is subject to availability, so it is possible that they did to have any to lend you.

PWIAC

janfabritius
1: Seeker

In my case I read somewhere (xperia z) that the problem was related to the light sensor being either covered by a screen protector or dirty. On my Xperia z3 Compact the light sensor is in the upper right corner of the screen. When I cleaned that area of the screen with a screen cleaner and soft cloth, the phone stopped blanking the screen whenever I dialled a call.

Krgds

Jan